Veteran's Day 2022

Not a day to be happy, but rather a day to thank those who have contributed. Some gave a few years of there lives. Some gave their piece of mind. Some gave limbs. Some gave their lives. All wore the nation’s cloth in service of something greater than themselves.

Thank you to the veterans here in the forum.

19 Likes

Amen Brother! Also thanks to all Veterans everywhere. Without them we wouldn’t be here now.

4 Likes

We thank you for the acknowledgments of us who have served and those who are serving. My father, two brothers, myself, and lots of kin.

Thank you.

5 Likes

We thank you and your family for your service and theirs.

My father served as an MP guarding supply trains during WWII in Germany. I lost an Uncle I never met in the Philippines, have a Brother in Law that served in Vietnam (still with us now,) and I served as a combat medic from 1981 to mid-1994. Those years were among the best years of my life. I still have my Dad’s 1911 45 from the war. Not sure how he got it home.

Here is a picture that I took when I went back to Grenada in 1991 following Urgent Fury in 1983. The pic was taken near the southern end of the island. They appreciated our efforts as well.

7 Likes

My Pepe’s Flag of Honor and his Navy photo from WW2. My wife’s Pepe’s Army uniform and medals in the cabinet. My 6th GreatGrandfather fought in the Battle of Lexington Concord. I have much to be grateful for. Thank you to every person who has ever signed that contract with the Country of America. Our household is forever grateful, appreciative and indebted to those who were willing to risk it all. :us:

8 Likes

Very cool memorial to their service

3 Likes

Thank you very much @MidwestGuy. Thank you for beginning this thread. I would show the entire wall, but there is identifiable material. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

5 Likes

Proud of all of you that have served. :us: :military_helmet:

Thank you

4 Likes

This is my wife’s Pepe’s identification that was sewn into his uniform if he was shot down or captured over the Philippines.

4 Likes

Very nice shadow box.

5 Likes

For sure.

5 Likes

Thank you for your service to ALL veterans on this forum and around the world. Without you, we could not live the life that we do!!! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

6 Likes

Thank you, I bought it as an anniversary gift for my wife. I figured for our 10th I’m going to buy the one made specifically for the Army. I believe you send them the uniform, medals and they build the shadow box and display everything properly.

3 Likes

Happy Veterans Day brothers and sisters. Thank you for serving. Enjoy YOUR day and hope everyone is safe and well.

2 Likes