Very first grow šŸ™ (going to need a lot of help)

Like @Cannabian said. Do you have access to FF Sledgehammer or Florakleen.

2 Likes

Yeah like @Deepsix mentioned, those products, while not absolutely necessary, are designed to help disolve salts so they wash out better. Butā€¦ water alone will work, so if you dont have access to those products, no worries.
The key to a good scrub is volume, in either case, you want to use 3 times the container volume of ph neutral solution

2 Likes

I do not have those. So you do think my plants need a flush like you just described? And not just a PPM check? Just making sure :hushed: never thought it would be 3 times the size of the pot thatā€™s sounds insane but I believe you.

It would likely be time for a reset anyway right? It would be part and parcel to you checking both the ph and the EC before and after. You need to understand that after 6 weeks of growing in a premixed soil, that medium becomes nothing more than contaminated growing medium. A perfect example of what should be doneā€¦ a complete flush and pot up into fresh premix soil. Orā€¦ a complete flush and treat current soil as a hydroponic medium.

1 Like

Ok Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m new to this and I thought people only flush when overfeeding and stuff. So once I flush them how much more water should I add with the feeding parts? Or do I have to wait a few hours before adding more water with the food? Because I donā€™t know how the plant will absorve it once itā€™s already soaked I feel as it will just run off as well you know what I mean?

Should I do that for the autos as well? Because they are in the same soil as those 2 photosā€¦ although they are not showing any signs they look very healthy I would say

Yep ok, thats pretty easy. I would flush completely and wait for all of the excess to drain out. Tilt the pot side to side a few times to make sure its done draining. You can wait a full day if you choose. Then mix up your food to the desired powa! Ph it accordingly and water until you see some more drain out. You want the solution completely throughout the medium. The so will be at maximum saturation. You will then allow the plant to totally utilize this feeding. The pot should be light before the next feeding. It could be a few days? Maybe a week? Depends on thenplant and your environment.

2 Likes

Ohh wait I think I made a mistake then I did Ph first and then mixed the food not knowing the ph could of change :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Nopr if it aint broke dont fix it. The only time I would flush hard id if I was following a schedule or if I had an issue. Other than that ride the wave.

1 Like

Oops! Yeah always mix noots then ph!

2 Likes

Lesson learned :cold_sweat:

Ok yeah flush that crap out and start over no harm no foulā€¦ shit happens!

1 Like

Yes you should. FF says to flush between week 4 and 5 then again between week7 and 8. When I flushed my autos I skipped the first one cause I didnā€™t start to add nutes till week 5

1 Like

It just never crossed my mind that it had to be in a certain order :woman_facepalming:t2: but thanks you guys are the best! Also I have no other soil so Iā€™m goin to flush it and keep the sameā€¦ I think I might have to buy more when I repot them in 10g pots as I am afraid 5 will be too small if I keep it on veg way longer. Now should I get sledgehammer and th other thing? To help me on future feedings?

1 Like

@Deepsix ok then Iā€™m running late I never flushed and they are 8 weeks :sob: but they look so good tho thatā€™s why I didnā€™t think about it

1 Like

Ok either keep an eye on them or flush now. If you wait you now know what to look for.

1 Like

Yep you should, if you intend to grow in built up mediums. You should flush at least once in a cycle. Most guys flush once in veg and again before flower and again a week or 2 before harvest, the before harvest thing may or may not be beneficial. Some say it cleans the dope out? I think plants take in what they need, when they need it, if they can.

1 Like

But they are 5 weeks into flowering I know when they flower the leaves suppose to turn yellow and stuff after awhile Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m not going to know the difference

1 Like

I cant flush my outdoor, but I dont use salts? My dope is as good as it gets so???

2 Likes

Ya but I do use salts thatā€™s why Iā€™m asking I donā€™t want all that bud to go to waste