Trichome help! Time to harvest?

So this is only my second grow so I’m still struggling with determining clear/cloudy/milky trichomes and determining the best time to harvest.

This is Amnesia Haze Autoflower, day 91 from seed (which is another reason why I’m flustered). Grown in DWC under LEDs. I want to give myself 3 days to flush before harvest. Do these look ready or should I wait a bit more?

0000 6220

I need some guidance, please. :v: :heart: :seedling:

8 Likes

I still see a lot of clear, another weeks or so? And I feel your pain, as a new grower myself it can be frustrating but-cha gotta be patient. Autoflower are weird, I have one that will be about 20 weeks at harvest.

5 Likes

Are those pics of the flowers or sugar leaves? If it’s the flower, I see very little amber, mostly cloudy, and some clear. At least another week before I’d harvest. Possibly 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree with the others, still too much clear, so wait another week and post more pics then.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your help! These are all trichomes of the flower, not leaves. I also thought it was still too clear, but once I realized I was at day 91 I wanted to make sure I wasn’t looking for something that wasn’t going to happen. My last grow the trichome appearance was really obvious when it was ready, but it’s definitely the timing of this grow throwing me off and making me doubt myself. So thankful for this forum. :v::heart::seedling:

7 Likes

Hi, I just posted a similar question about my first plant/harvest. My question to you is how did you get such closeups?

1 Like

I use a USB plug and play microscope. I got it off Amazon for like $34. Totally worth it. :v::heart:

6 Likes

excellent, thank you

2 Likes

My pleasure!

1 Like

Dun wurry bout the time. Sellers will put a time period on their seeds. However, environment, weather, lights, problems make for different schedules.
Watch the trichomes. Pics show a really good mass of clear trichomes. You could harvest now, but, it would be better to let them go until the trichomes start turning amber.

2 Likes

Thank you!!! I feel a lot better now. I’m in no rush! I wanna do right by my ladies. I have learned so much over the course of these two grows and I’m so happy I didn’t miss out on this learning opportunity as well! Thank you! :v::heart:

4 Likes

Today’s update… I’m trying to gage when the sweet spot is so I can have a nice 3 day flush before harvest.

8220 7690 8460 6550 7830 8760 4250

2 Likes

I still see mostly clear. This is when patience is most important

2 Likes

I still see lots of clear, but she’s gonna turn fast, so keep an eye on those trichs.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m watching them like a hawk! :eyes::eagle:

2 Likes

I can’t wait to use my new usb micro. I’m only 4.5 weeks in so haven’t taken it out of the box yet. Got a 1600x for about $15 on flea bay.

4 Likes

@WickedAle Ooooh!!! What kind is it???

1 Like

Came from China non-branded white box. @Blazin_Skywalker

is it that little egg shaped carson one? i just ordered that one and am wondering if that is the performance i can expect.

Guys i need some help i used a potassium foliar spray in flowering and now the flower has the smell of the product what should i do?