Tophat’s 2x2 tent

It’s had a strong grape smell for weeks, anytime I brushed up against a bud I got the overpowering grape smell. It’s some funk for sure. I tried a bit of larf I had dried and it lit me up.

5 Likes

So canna fam…. I got looking around at all the supplies I have accumulated so far and realized I need to burn through some stuff before I try the coco. I decided on burning up the rest of my OF on this one… BUT… I amended it a bit.
I’m going 3 gallon again with a 80/20 FF/roots organic mix, this time in a rain science pot. First thing I added was 2 tsp of powdered dolomite lime to hopefully stave off the ph drop, then 2tsp of granular mycos because why not. I added 1.5 cups of worm castings and .5 cup build a soil craft blend and mixed the crap out of it. It’s in the tent “cooking” until the baby is ready. The plan is to ride out the nutrients in the soil for 30 days then switch over to jacks or top dress with build a flower or both to get me through flower. That being said, this should be interesting… I’m either gonna have a beast of a SSH or a burnt and crispy SSH….:rofl: I’m rolling the dice here.

4 Likes

You are going to want the soil to stay moist so that the craft blend can begin breaking down

3 Likes

I plan on watering it in the morning and keeping it moist. It’s only a 1/2 cup in 3 gallons of soil.

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan that mix i feel like should get you a solid month or better of veg with some still left in the tank lol id just topdres with the build a flower when ready and run her the organic route but thats just me lmao

3 Likes

So far organic has been my favorite, I have a friend that runs dwc and I’ve done organic and grow dots and so far the organic has smoked everything as far as terps and flavor.

3 Likes

Yeah i originally started growing with Jacks and Happy Frog soil then tried coco and Jacks and just wasn’t feeling it so i went the organic route and its been awesome just long as ya dont miss a top dressing or wait to long lmao

I thought I had missed the window to top dress last grow but it was actually the ffof ph drop (went down to 5.5) locking Phosphorus, calcium and magnesium out. Once I got that addressed I still ended up getting 6.5 zips out of my 2x2

2 Likes

Yeah ive been hearing alot of people having ph issue with fox farms soils over the last year i believe they had a big issue with mixing the soil and had addressed it but there where obviously a bunch of soil already out in the market my base soil i started with was Happy Frog but ive used the same soil for over a year now and never got any of those bad batches of soil they put out

1 Like

I am saving my used soil for vegetables this spring. I’m hoping the extra dolomite lime mixed in will hold it over. At about the 1 month mark I will have to start checking the runoff and see if I need to top dress it again.

1 Like

Run off wont give a good representation on organic amendments in the soil still sense they are slow release thats why its important to top dress every 3 to 4 weeks and keeping the soil full with what ever the plants wants when it wants

1 Like

Sorry, I should have specified, I was talking about checking runoff ph to see if the soil ph has dropped after a month and top dressing powdered dolomite lime to bring it back to 6.5 area. :wink:

2 Likes

I think the SSH got a little too dry around the edges? I really don’t know, I’ve never had a seedling do this.

1 Like

What soil is it in? Could it be too hot (the soil, not the temperature)?

It’s in roots organic original with a tiny bit of ocean forest at the bottom. I didn’t mix mycos in the starter soil this time.

That dome looks to be too small. Is the plant touching the sides?

1 Like

It grew into it, I took it off this morning. The drying happened before the dome went on. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’d say it’s the Ocean Forest. It’s pretty hot. I think she’ll grow out of it.

4 Likes

I started both mine in ffof they did fine💯 although if u check runoff ppm its probably gonna be in the 2000s…thats that ffof tho it feeds atleast 30 days

1 Like

I’ve had mild versions of that when doming, since water droplets gather around the edges of leaves, and/or if the leaves touch the sides, as GreggT mentioned. Before I used to dome my seedlings, I never had the brown edges.

Anyway, so maybe it’s that, maybe it’s the FFOF; I’ve never had a problem with my seedlings in the Roots soil, and it’s supposed to be seedling-friendly.

1 Like