To Vape or not to Vape..That is the question

This is amazing. Lots of different uses and lot’s of different thoughts. I like hearing it all. I’ll definitely have to try it myself

@HJL Cracked mouthpieces seem to be a common complaint with the G-Pro. Mine hasn’t cracked yet but that’s probably because I use it so little.

@mulegal great topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mulegal I prefer edibles, however, my best other method is vaping. I cannot handle the harshness smoking does to my lungs makes me cough and feel as if I’m dying. Getting medicated shouldn’t be that difficult.
Also @Myfriendis410 brought up a good point about just getting higher feeling. This is why I load it with a small amount first to understand tolerances. It doesn’t take much for me, and I am cautious about how much to vape to begin with.
Another thing to consider what to do with the vaped flower? it’s been decarboxylated during the vaping process, and so not to waste it after vaping, I eat it. So, not only do I get the vaping feeling, but after I would normally start to come back down, the vaped flower kicks in just a bit.
Food for thought.

3 Likes

That is the bonus of vaping @Covertgrower. I use mine for edibles and making infused coconut oil. I also mix it with some ground coffee and put it through my Keurig. Best kind of coffee in the morning. I also grind it and put it in empty capsules to take orally. It is so versatile and it makes your bud go further.

4 Likes

Wow @Covertgrower and @HJL good thinking. Add to my morning coffee…Hmmmmm… I like the sounds of that

2 Likes

@Covertgrower I just throw it out lol. I’ve got so much weed it’s not funny! I’m giving it away as fast as possible.

I am amazed at how little you need to get high using the vape.

2 Likes

You’re not kidding on that one @Myfriendis410 I put the smallest amount in I thought I needed, and it was too much.

@Myfriendis410 …" I am amazed at how little you need to get high using the vape."

@Covertgrower… " I put the smallest amount in I thought I needed, and it was too much."

This is one of the reasons I’m interested, but like I said before, my supply will hopefully become self-sustainable this year MF410

Hahahaha ya that’ll probably be me CG. I’ve got my “pinch in the pipe” method dialed in pretty good.

I’m so looking forward to some herb that is not dusty old drystuff. Really looking forward to home harvest.

7 Likes

Out of likes @mulegal it’s definitely a good thing to have some in reserve.

1 Like

I bought vapes thinking I’d change my smoking habits & save money. Hasn’t happened, yet. Lol! I still go through about a half a week, but that’s waaay down from before, when all I’d smoke were blunts & gravity bongs.

Now, I’m using a nice glass bong, and my vapes. Mostly my bong.

2 Likes

I love vaping. I have 3 vapes, a Healthy Rips Force, a PAX 2 and a V4 Plush. Of them I like the V4 best. It delivers incredibly smooth great tasting vapor. The PAX is ok, but I don’t care for the Healthy Rips as the vapor is too harsh and I choke on it. Vaping saves me money, as I am using less than when I was rolling joints or using my pipe. It also smells less, which is important to me as I spend half my year in Florida where weed is still against the law. I find my vape a very effective way of delivering me my desired dose of THC.

2 Likes

Your temp seems pretty high (no pun intended) ! My temp is MUCH lower than that and I do not have problems getting really high. I have to drink a little more water or soda but that is not a problem.

1 Like

I finally tried a vape. It was set for 200*C not sure what that is F.

It is Very different than pipe or joint. Almost not sure if I was getting anything, minor to no visible vapor…but did get a good buzz after a few minutes. I think it must be an acquired preference. I’d have to try agin to get a better sense of it.

3 Likes

@TxGrowman I agree probably too high, but then again I got this unit as a promo about 2 years ago. I’m not sure how accurate this unit was new.

@mulegal 200c is about 392f. Sounds like my number. No clouds just wisps from my vape.

1 Like

That’s what I meant when I posted about it being unsatisfying. Definitely gets you high, but there’s something missing from the experience.

They do come in handy for stealth public smoking, or smoking while outside (no need for lighters, no worries about wind, can pocket it quickly).

Try vaping at 370F for the portable vapes. It’s a good temp.

There are vapes and then there are vapes. My brother bought one and is disappointed in it’s performance. The unit I have is set at 400F and I get 5 to 6 hits from one bucket load. After that you are HIGH!

@mulegal it’s an acquired taste and one you should stick with. I’m an old joint and bong smoker and there are days when I prefer to use the vape. Besides; you aren’t smoking all of the plant material; just the thc and terpenes.

1 Like

Yes I know what you mean @blackthumbbetty “unsatisfying”…as though something is missing…what’s missing is the rituals I’ve always assoc with getting high. hahaha It was much easier on throat and lungs though, and got me high.

3 Likes

The airizer desktop seems to work best at 406. I’ve tried it at lower temps, but I think the temp lowers from the convection/blower as it reaches the bowl.

The Gpro seems best between 365-370.

The Vapium Summit is best at the 3rd light, single or double clicked.

I’m still searching for the perfect portable dry herb vape that hits like a blunt. Does this holy grail exist?

1 Like

Yes I think I’ll try it again @Myfriendis410 . Just like most new things, one needs to repeat often enough till it’s familiar and then more acceptable.

I quit smoking and drinking in my mid 30’s. I’ve no desire for the tobacco or alcohol, but I’m sure having a fine time getting back to weed. I guess in some way it brings back my spent youth hahaha And it’s just fun.

3 Likes