To trim or not to trim?is the question

5 weeks old , northern, and blue berry, the northern is the bush, first grow here , looks like a shit ton of leafs blocking light. Wouldn’t know where to start if i did chop some, any advice would be helpful , thanks ,or should i just leave her alone20190807_063727|666x500

I’m a firm believer in removing the fan leaves once flower begins. Or to uncover a bud site as You’re stating

3 Likes

I trim all the big fan leaves when I switch from veg to flower and continue to prune thru flower. Works for me.

1 Like

I had to trim there was so much growth it was causing WPM for me.

1 Like

Do you trim fan leaves up to harvest?

Here is a good read regarding trimming at harvest…

3 Likes

Plants need leaves to be able to grow…
I can’t say it enough…
But to each there own…
Keep canopy level and have good air movement with the proper humidity and you shouldn’t need to remove foliage…
I only remove stuff under the canopy… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

You do not want to remove all your fan leaves just trim it up a little bit but don’t remove everything

6 Likes

So, a little late to post this, but worth a shot. Should I trim off some of these fan leaves?

Is it a auto

Yes. I already talked to someone else about it. They said I didnt need to bit could. I 5ook like 4 or 5 leaves off to open up the middle of my plant and give her more light there.

Before

After

1 Like

I just tuck on my autos

2 of them had some damage or yellowing anyways. So I didnt think it would be too big of a deal. Probably wont trim anymore though honestly.

1 Like

I wouldn’t

1 Like