These look awful

Can someone please tell me what is wrong with these.

Soil- Miracle-Gro seed starter blue bag
Humidity- 50%
Temp- 75
2 are 3 weeks today (top and bottom pic) and one is 2 weeks today (middle pic).
Light cycle is 18/6
Strain- white widow
Started Rapid Start 2 days ago
These are not autoflower

Please help! I’m beginning to think they are defective and I need to start over. I have 5 seeds left of white widow. What should I do? I’m a first time indoor grower

1 Like

Is this the stuff you used?

https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Gro-Starting-currently-Northeastern-Midwestern/dp/B00GTDIDBU?tag=greenrel-20

If it is, it’s inappropriate for MJ. Right now the plants are experiencing too much fertilizer. At that age they cannot handle it. I would also suggest you reduce the amount of water you are giving them. Either distilled or PH to 6.5 for soil. A couple of teaspoons per day and keep a dome over them to increase humidity. The plants get all of their moisture from the leaves until roots are developed.

Welcome!

3 Likes

Just an FYI: anything that says “moisture control” or added fertilizer is a no no for growing. A good organic potting soil like Fox Farms Happy Frog is about right. Just transplant into one of those soils when you are ready to increase pot size.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410… that is the stuff. So, should I just start over in a different soil or will they snap out of it. Is there any way I could gently transplant into a better soil now and get them out of what they are in.

Absolutely agree with @Myfriendis410 ! That soil is NOT good for cannabis.

Fox Farms Happy Frog is MUCH better and does not burn new, tender plants. Fox Farms Ocean Forest is also good but is a little strong for new seedlings. Overall Happy Frog has given me very good results. My current grow used Happy Frog and did awesome. It was recommended by a friend here and he was right ! This was the first time I used it and I am staying with it.

2 Likes

@TxGrowman I was told happy frog was no good. I don’t know though. What about strawberry fields. I guess what I really want to know is why my plants look deformed. ( please see pictures above )

1 Like

use fox farm warrior for seedlings then transplant to fox farm ocean forest, just my 2 cents. your plants root system should not be to complex at this stage, i would transplant asap

1 Like

@daddydays, should I try to gently knock off some of the soil on the roots before putting in fresh

i would make a circular cut out around the plant, dont remove the soil that the roots are in, so you can transplant some old soil with the new soil,( hope i explained it right)

2 Likes

had same issue last year on my 1st grow, got new soil and it worked fine, remember its a weed and weeds are hard to kill

@daddydays thanks for the info. I didn’t know from the looks of the plants if they were deformed from the seed or what happened. I don’t want to waist them if I can keep from it because I’m 3 weeks in on 2 of them and 2 weeks on the other. Do you think I should start over or try to salvage what I have. And indeed, weeds are hard to kill

1 Like

My two cents worth @Rickandbobbyd you should carefully transplant as @daddydays suggested.
You have nothing to lose by trying.

1 Like

i would just transplant into fox farm ocean forest but do not give it any nutrients for 3-4 weeks, just ph water

1 Like

Fox farm of won’t be to hot @daddydays

They will make it just fine if u get them into some good soil and the leaves look fat and full of water. They need very little water for a while. Get them under strong light and have a fan blowing them to toughen up your stems.

3 Likes

Yes it probably will most cut it with happy frog this early

1 Like

dont think so, just use the ph water for a few weeks, because it has all that good nuts in it already. next time to start out use ff warrior for your seedlings with no nuts, just use a spray bottle to moisten the soil,

2 Likes

Should I put them back under a humidome? I took it off a day ago. Should they be all the way on or cracked to get fresh air

my advise and its just mine, if they been in the dome for 2 weeks in would take the out to give ir fresh air, this summer when i start my grow my seedlings will only stay in my dome for 2 weeks then they will br transplanted into 7 gallon pots and be placed into a small green house till mid summer, then they will be out in the open air

2 Likes

I would think that they would be bigger than they are after 3 weeks. These are only about an inch maybe 2 tall but have 3 nodes just really difficult to see where the new node starts. I’m really beginning to think they are bad plants. I will transplant them but won’t hold my breath