The ongoing grow

I’ll grab some pictures later today after work for you. Essentially there’s the first round of pistils, then a 2nd round or 3rd round of new pistils adding to the original ones. It bulks up the flower still, but does extend flowering time. Sometimes by quite a bit. Some foxtailing is the good kind where it’s fairly even all over, and then you have just some here and there. And it makes the flower kind of bumpy and aesthetically not as pleasing. @Bubbles1

7 Likes

Looking good covertgrower, a little foxtailing ain’t going to hurt anything! I don’t know if I could keep up with that many plants and strains LOL I probably wouldn’t know what I was smoking, but it would be good!!

4 Likes

I like variety for sure @Holmes for effects, and different symptoms.
I’m not worried about the foxtailing, but Bubbles1 needed a better explanation of what they are. I encourage a bit of tailing. Just means more flowers, plus, trichomes were still mostly clear, so they have to keep going.

3 Likes

If you rub your hand on the stalk, would you get a mint smell or something else?

1 Like

Eye of the beholder haha, I like lumpy flower!

Minty, rosemary, skunky, probably strain dependent and changes smell over time too.

1 Like

@Stonedrus this is my 3rd or 4th GSC, and all shared the sweet earthy smell, with a hint of mint.

@Myfriendis410 I don’t mind lumpy flower either. But some do. If I would have chopped after the first round of pistils, I would have missed out on a lot of weight, and trichome production. These have really frosted up the last week during the 2nd round of fox tails.

3 Likes

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a food scientist/commercial cannabis employee who stated that carrying the flower out as late as we do actually reduces potency.

Also; did you see Italian scientists isolated two more cannabinoids? One reportedly 30 times as potent as THC?

7 Likes

What is this wizardry! I want some!

7 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about that.

And 30 times!? Let’s make dabs from it! Lol

4 Likes

I’ll take 5

6 Likes

I’m down, I call first hit.

3 Likes

Are you talking about conversion to CBN as the lowering in potency? I want those 2 other, where was the article published?

3 Likes

I found it ThcP and cbdp

3 Likes

That I believe is the primary reason.

So some converts to CBN, but the potency should still be going up as more trichomes are being produced?

3 Likes

That was fun read with alot of chemistry, summation, it is naturally occurring, but seemed to be low in their sample of plant material and extraction method.

1 Like

I think it’s more a matter of the ratio between plant material and trichome production with a little bit of THC degradation thrown in. Obviously it’s going to matter more with different plants than others but I thought it was interesting.

2 Likes

And this concludes another learning adventure with MyFriend :dizzy:

5 Likes

I was going to put a link to the research journal article for THCP and CBDP but wanted to see if that is ok first.

1 Like

tenor (3)

5 Likes