The ongoing grow

And did you order this? The Herb press?? I thought it was something fancy, read about it in 2-3 sites saying it was a must. Just over 10 bucks at the company’s site. it is literally just a punch that you stick in the little basket at the end and squeeze the last bit of goodies. I imagine your bride has something similar that will work as well in her kitchen. here is the first batch with the coconut oil container. Everything went perfect until this point lol. The stuff tries to solidify pretty quickly once mixed with the gelatin . The blue tray went ok, it bacame a chore after that, and we finally decided just to let it solidfy in the pot and spoon. of course we have been tasting the profits, I may not be able to type shortly.

6 Likes

Hmm not sure. She has so so much cooking stuff and her mom went to culinary school so there’s gotta be a sugar press around somewhere I think will do same thing.

1 Like

Forgot the oil pictures, about 3/4 full. She only used a small amount based on the recipe

5 Likes

Looks cool but I have a bit more than 1/4 of a 5 gallon bucket of bud/trim to infuse…
That little compartment is way to small lol.

5 Likes

Keep you busy on those cold nights, lol

1 Like

Lol I’m busy

I decarb in a Mason jar in the oven then cook coconut oil with the plant material and water in a small crockpot. That has worked for us for years: tried the MBM but didn’t care for the cleanup of parts.

I also add corn lecithin to the oil to help the liver uptake THC better: increases potency!

11 Likes

This machine is very easy to clean. it does the decarb for as long as you want, time and temps. Once done you add the coconut oil and let it run. Once that’s done, it has a button to push and release the new butter from the bottom. very little mess. She then added the Lecithin once done. Our biggest issue was keeping it in a semi liquid state long enough to put in the trays. What do you do at this last stage?

1 Like

I chill coconut oil/water/cannabis after filtering then separate out the good stuff and re-melt into 4 oz Glad containers and freeze. This is used to make brownies or Tollhouse cookies. I shoot for 25 mg per dose.

5 Likes

She was trying for gummies and also added gelatin. The stuff got pretty darn thick

1 Like

But the stuff sure crept up on you. Considering this was junk weed, it was very surprising. She didn’t make it long past dinner lol.

1 Like

I added 4 packs in addition to the premade gelatin package with flavor in it. Texture turned out pretty good. Taste needs some improvements.

4 Likes

Hey I have a question for you, does the dispensaries in Michigan sale to out of state customers. I intend to grow some high CBD/low THC strains for the wife and would like to see if I obtain some before I get going on them. Even if I could get some in a illegal state, there’s no way to be sure if I’m getting what I think I’m getting.

6 Likes

Amazing budwork My Brother Covert!!! :sunglasses: :+1::+1::+1::+1:
I’m with Mattybear about condensation!! I would cry :cry: if something happened to those magnificent Buds! :v::metal:

2 Likes

Look for recreational stores. Anyone can purchase from there. Some stores are medical only, and only sell to in state, and out of state card holders.
If you need assistance looking for some let me know, it depends on what part of the state you’re heading to.

5 Likes

Thanks you! @Dman1969 my dehumidifier parts should be here 1/21 might be sooner. Just waiting on it to ship.

3 Likes

Illinois does, as out of state resident you are allowed to buy half of what a resident would be able to. I believe for non-resident its up to 15 grams of flower or 2.5 grams of extract.

5 Likes

I can help too if your in my part of the state. Just like @Covertgrower said let us know, I’m sure one of us can help out.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower @Bubblehead @dbrn32 I will let you guys know. Illinois would be closer to me so when we get ready for a road trip figure out where I can go for recreational purchase. :+1:

6 Likes

If Illinois is closer I’m probably the furthest away.

3 Likes