The one where a couple tries to grow…

:point_up_2: exactly…but so hard sometimes :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yep totally. Loved my first set too hard lol.

1 Like

Day 7: woke up and feel like the little yellowing in them I was seeing has become a concern. They also looked droopier than they should. Hit the forums up and I have decided to remove the baggies. Within 5 min they already perked up. For now on I’ll keep all my grow info and questions here as well. :grin:

• yellow/light green discoloration
  • slightly droopy
  • Removed baggies around 12:30 PM ET
  • Turned on humidifier and aiming for 70-75%. Let me know if anyone has strong feelings about that range.
  • PPFD/DLI seems a little high for them now that baggies are off, but I’m still seeing them stretch slightly and not from new leaf growth. The embryo leaves (I always butcher the real word) seem to be getting slightly further from the soil. I’ll see how they do at current settings below without baggies and adjust if needed.

These pics are from late morning so while they still had their baggie domes. Interested to see the difference between today and tomorrow with then removed.

PPFD/DLI: 280/17.5

Light (400w LED): 18 hours, 25%, 24 inches

Temps (yesterday): Day 79, Night 74

Water: None and baggies removed

2 Likes

No expert, quite green here :wink:. Possibly introduce a shot of water into soil when it’s dry? Roots starting to establish? maybe need a little more than what leaves can provide??

Definitely wait for someone else to chime in before putting this to practice

I think the consensus was they had too much water. I probably should have taken off the baggies yesterday. I think (also green lol) roots have started to establish and that’s why they weren’t thriving in the high humidity.

Also I was just perusing your journal and I think you seem to know something since your grows look so good lol. Nice work!

1 Like

Ah ok the soil did look darker so I was hesitant to add. I have done a ton of reading on here much of which I get no credit for, lurking before creating an account!

Soo much knowledge on here, and so many willing to help.

Thanks for the compliments but I owe it mostly to several of these regulars!

1 Like

I think it’s tough in any forum when you’re new let alone new to the hobby. I like how you jump in regardless. I feel like I’ve learned a lot trom new growers speaking up and offering opinions in threads. Whether it gets shot down or not lol.

2 Likes

If nothing else we learn what not to do, right? Lol, looking good though keep up the good work

1 Like

Agreed! :joy: thanks!!

They are fine. Leave the baggies off, and the 70-75% will be just fine. Make sure you have drainage holes in the cups, if you don’t already.

3 Likes

I see newt typing, his thread if you haven’t seen is full of info and some good pics!

2 Likes

Yep got some holes in the bottom so good thee. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

1 Like

Oh yes, I love his journal. Not only informative but entertaining.

2 Likes

It’s got to be a good feeling when reputation speaks for itself

2 Likes

Awe shucks…

aw-shucks-gif-20

4 Likes

Day 8: still recovering from the over humidity.

• I can tell the leaves look wet.
  • #1 and #3 pots seem to be drying out faster than the other two. Still don’t need water.
  • Rotated them.
  • Going to keep the humidity in the high 50s/low 60s today to give them a chance to dry out a bit.
  • I can’t believe I forgot how tough it was for me to stabilize temp when the humidifier is going lol. Kept a close eye on it yesterday and utilized our space heater when needed. Our space heater is in the bedroom our tent is in so not in the actual tent. It seems to work well though the temps did get a little cold last night. I’ll try to fix that tonight.
  • second set of leaves have their 3 tips/leaves and we can see the third set of leaves starting to grow. We are officially further on day 8 then we were on day 14 of our last attempt lol.

PPFD/DLI: 278/17.5

Light (400w LED): 18 hours, 25%, 24 inches

Temps/RH (yesterday): Day 79/70, Night 69/65

Water: None

3 Likes

I would keep the RH in the 65-70% range since the domes came off, once the soil starts drying out a shot glass of water every other day will keep them vibrant. Temps around 78-82 will help as well :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Thank you as alwayssss. I’ve adjusted the humidifier and will aim for that range. :grin:

2 Likes

I made another noob error and never raised the light as the seedlings grew. Noticed within the last hour that there are some spots on two girls that look to me like they are justtt starting to get some sunburn. I raised the light to about 28 inches to be safe. It was about 21.5 from when I lowered it last week to minimize seedling stretch. Oops lol.

Do you guys agree it’s from the light and should raising it a little be enough?

PS- had a horrible time getting my camera to focus on the leaves and not the soil. So got the best pics I could.

2 Likes

There’s an app out there called Photone, it made my life a little easier getting dialed in and understanding what was good for them, maybe worth checking out to help diagnose.

For apple it was free but I had to pay for direct sunlight setting 2.99. It was tested in a long thread on DLI, if you want to search for that.

The ever so clutch and talented @The_Chef provided me this chart here and the cliff notes. I am sure if he is available he could add to this and explain much better :relaxed:

2 Likes