Super silver haze coco grow

And believe that grow big hydro has 2% calcium and .5% mag, is this enough to feed the CEC in coco or should I still supplement some calimagic?

1 Like

This is the only picture I got this morning that would show potential issues, idk Iā€™m WAAAY to into this and probably have nothing going on currently. Just worried that I let the coco dry too much for root damage or dried salt lock out lol the possible nute burnt tips that I did see looked browner then the other bleached tips that I have

Mainly questioning the slight taco (guessing from low humidity) and the couple deformed leaves (some I see are just from MASS foliage growth the last week). Sorry been a while since the frequent updates I do and just trying to get all the info out to possibly prevent a possible upcoming issue

Find another twisting new growth in photo above, is this a humidity/ph issue or slight nute def?! Also have a few leaves that are somewhat deformed like the one in the bottom left of the photo. Found a leaf as well with 9 fingers but a additional one growing from like the middle and overlaying the very top finger. So sorry to blow your notifications up lol
Screenshot_20210126-041208_Gallery|225x500

I would still recommend more. Iā€™m running it pretty heavy under my lighting.

1 Like

I have calimagic and and bloom city calmag to work with (bloom city has fulvic acid and other micro nutrients besides sulfur and mang I think with a slightly lower calmag dose and 2-0-0 instead of 1-0-0) which one would you recommend supplementing? Iā€™m guessing a little more than half dose since I already have 2 cal and .05 mag from base nute.

Same thought, looks fantastic

2 Likes

Thank you @SCBuckeyeGrower and @Covertgrower for the replies! Iā€™ve been driving myself crazy at the hospital with worry, the reassurance and kind words mean alot! I even had myself emailing fox farm with quest night xD.

On another plus side; My daughters doctors finally figured some answers out last night so hopefully this stay is almost over and I can go to the usual daily updates rather than blowing everyoneā€™s notifications up over worry!

1 Like

Prayers to you and your family for a speedy recovery! Good thoughts.

1 Like

Problems do seem to be arising upon returning home today. Any thoughts?! @SCBuckeyeGrower @Covertgrower 20210126_122719|375x500](upload://6nGpsskrb7L4ec6QIt3w2xT7MDa.jpeg)

Iā€™m thinking some of the discoloration may be from trying to quickly feed before heading out the door the last 3 events, was feeding from a 24 oz cup hmmm checking for bugs after I get ph meter recalibrate, and guessing a larger flush from the sight nute burn tips? Guessing that will solve the yellowing lower leaves? Should I flush with my usual 1000 ec feed ph at 5.9 or lower ec?

1 Like

In all honesty, plants look fine: YOU need to smoke a bowl or two and relax lol. Your plants are fine.

3 Likes

Iā€™m on my way to get some wax now, I FEEL you on that lol my wife always jests at me and says you canā€™t have everything perfect constantly lmfao. My first grow just ended in a dumpster fire with not ph buffering peat moss lol everything feel apart during flower

Yeah man, all is well, those are bottom leaves that sometimes do that since they are the oldest. Looks like a perfect amount of feeding to just give a little tip burn, all mine have that and Iā€™ve seen lots of people say they try for that to know you are giving the max amount of nutrients without too much. If you start getting some craziness all throughout the plant may be an issue, but this looks very very very healthy to me. Smoke a couple big dabs and relax. All is well!!!

1 Like

I literally fed at like 1/5th strength nutrients for the 1st 3 weeks of flower and everything turned out fine other than some off color leaves for a bit.

1 Like

I transplanted my first 3 into FFOF right before flower, buuuuuut that was after I started getting 4.2 ph runoff lmfao then 1600 ppm injected sooo much metals into the buds haha. Didnā€™t read the full article either for curing and placed a fan directly on the buds. WHOOPS. Tasted like chlorophyll and gave a MASSIVE headache. Tried to cure some more but gave up and just made a really bad tasting rosin hit from the wax paper hair straightener. then gave up and tossed it Dx plan on HOPEFULLY having a harvest this time lol have done a lot of research on coco and loving this medium so fingers :crossed_fingers:

Donā€™t even get me started on doing 12/12 from seed just to figure out all three bags seeds were autos lolol

1 Like

Yeah she was just thirsty, nice and baked so weā€™re not worrying anymore lol got three more clones started as well! First one kinda withered away with the absentness. Flipped my blurple to red spectrum because DAMN this things getting bushy

Still new to cloning so still finding my legs on what works best for my set up

@Myfriendis410 So one thing I havenā€™t gotten down yet is whatā€™s the best way to raise EC after a flush? I seem to get stuck about 100-150 below my target for quite a while after not knowing how it fixes itself afterwards. And if feeding 1000 EC do I use a stronger nute solution to help steer ph in the media/runoff (I try to not pay attention to it lol) down?

Experienced growers use TDS as a reference rather than an absolute. Thatā€™s a small enough variance that I wouldnā€™t be worked up over it.

Really, relax and enjoy the grow. Plants look fine.

2 Likes

Ok so ppm right? And I feel ya on that, everythingā€™s smooth sailing right now, Iā€™ve grown very fond of this medium and just looking to learn all the ins and outs of it :slight_smile:

When I am top-feeding in soilless I periodically flush based on the last runoff numbers and I flush until I hit my target: usually around 1,000 ppm in veg and 1,200 or so in flower, depending on nutrient line. But remember that the meters we use rely on electrical conductivity of a liquid (EC) and some solids are non-conductive so will see a lower number than actual. As this is really the most accurate way to determine solid content of a liquid it is what we have to work with. But itā€™s still an approximate number rather than a reliable fixed value. So getting close is good enough.

2 Likes