Super glue seedling curling along with unknown strains but I need the superglue to live

Hi, this is my first post here and I need some help. This is my second time ever growing (first plants got stolen when I was younger and didn’t get much experience). I currently have 2 super glue strain seedlings that I got from a dispensary that seem to be curling along with about 4 other plants that all got germinated April 1st-7th and one leaf on a seedling has turned Yellow right after it emerged out of its pod after sprouting. I’m using 3 30w LED brite lab saber trios and a 40 watt led grow light with a red and white light spectrum that all hang about 3 1/2 feet from the plants in a 2x5 closet. I also have a fan on them to circulate airflow and keep the closet cool. I really need some advice on how to set the lights (the brite labs have a red/blue/purple spectrum and can be brightened or dimmed at 6 different intensities). I’m afraid I’m either overwatering them (all in solo cups but 1 that’s in a 1 gal pot because i thought it would be better to transplant it there since it had sprouted its 2td set of leaves). Or I have too many lights going at once those are my assumptions but I’ve never done this before and aren’t sure. Any advice is appreciated and I hope to get some knowledge from joining this site

1 Like

Have any pictures? What medium are they planted in, coco? Soil? What kind. Doubt you’re dealing with too much light with those stated hanging at 42"

1 Like

THESE 2 ARE THE SUPER GLUE PLANTS

1 Like

tried getting a good angle, apparently this one is blue cheese (off the street also the one in the big pot)

1 Like

(another street seed) supposedly Russian trainwreck

1 Like

these are the lights I’m working with, I turned the bright yellow lamp off and kept the purple and blue lights on for now

Most of em are looking good! They are stretching a bit which means they actually want more light. I’m not sure what’s up with that yellow guy. The other one in that post, is that the shell still stuck on? You can moisten that. Wait a few minutes. Then carefully remove.

2 Likes

Any of the ones that popped out of dirt still have the shell covering them wet it down and let sit a few mins and try and take the shell and or shell husk off. Looks like the husk might be covering that leaf still possibly. Its like a thin piece of skin keeping it from opening from the looks moght be wrong tho. I see the shell on the one. Tooth picks work great b careful not to rip leaves iff seems stuck spray and let sit more to soften it nore.

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve been unable to post since yesterday with my account being new apparently I only had a limited # of replies I could post. Since yesterday I’ve moved moved closer to the lights by putting them all ontop of 5gal buckets (that I plan to plant them in later) here’s what the setup looks like atm

1 Like

and a daily update on the plants (superglues are front right and back left)

1 Like

1 Like

I beleive my problems were that the light was too far (proof of stretching) and I’m anxiously overwatering them in fear of them drying out because of them being in small cups with not much dirt imo. I’m going to try being more patient between watering as I’ve been doing it twice a day until the cups have weight in them

1 Like

I believe you got it figured out, yes needs more light, and to much water. At that age they need very little water, like a couple teaspoons just outside the stem , once to twice a day.

1 Like

Not sure the size of the closet, but may need more or different light, lots to choose from, as they get bigger.

I closed your other thread on the exact same subject. Please don’t clog the feed up with multiple threads on the same thing. Not a warning. Yet.

Stretching

Sorry, didn’t know how to close it, and got confused when creating the thread trying to figure out the site. Won’t happen again lol. But I appreciate all the help. Plants are looking somewhat better as the leaves seem to be straightening out slowly ill keep monitoring them

on the subject of lighting, I just went ahead and ordered this today for my closet for when my plants reach the flowering stage. I plan to try and fit 4 of them (2 superglues, 1 blue cheese, and 1 russian trainwreck) in a 2.5ftwidth 6ftlength 8ft tall closet. I plan to top off the superglues & whatever else if they get past 5 1/2 ft & prune the plants. Might affect the total yield but im trying to fit what I can with the space I have as I already got 10 seedlings (had alot of old seeds and didn’t think they’d germinate.) But I hope a freaking 1k watt light that has everything needed on the light spectrum will be sufficient. As well as the other lights that can be re added if need be after this light comes in and gets setup