Struggling to sex my plant

First time growing, I’ve got two plants right now that are kicking ass, but I’m scared one of them is a male or maybe a hermie I can’t really tell. I know the other is a female, but I just need an expert opinion on if I have to throw this bad boy out or not. I’ll attach photos of it in the post. Thank you and happy growing!

1 Like

I would call that a male in my garden. But since I’m not there I would advise you wait another week before doing whatever you are going to do to a male.

Concur with waiting a bit. I have 4 plants that were flipped to flower about 2 weeks ago. I can really only sex 2 of them definitively at this point. I’m going to wait another week so I can be certain before I cull males.

Your plants look about like mine. Male/female differences are not yet fully developed.

Can you get a really clear photo of this area?

3 Likes

I see pistils, myself.

That’s on the plant the above poster circled, the node above the circle.

3 Likes

I didn’t catch that, still could be the wispy exterior to a male flower.

Ive got $20 on male, not because I think you are wrong, but because I like a good wager.

1 Like

Male…

1 Like

I’ll raise that bet to $30. @AAA

Looks male to me. Like AAA. Stated, wait a little bit to verify. Won’t hurt a thing.

2 Likes

I’ll take female for 40. But I may be wrong but thought I could jump in on the wagering. :joy:

3 Likes

How long have these plants been on flowering schedule?

3 Likes

Good point as long as we’re bettin’

2 Likes

man, if they got balls, pull em

1 Like

10 on female. hey man thats all i got

2 Likes

I haven’t put them on a flowering schedule yet, waiting till I get back to my place at college to start that up. They’re on a 20 hours on 4 hours off light schedule right now

1 Like

I would wait until you get there before judging.

3 Likes

I’ve got plants under veg cycle that I believe are male but are not showing 100%, but I need the space. My early sexing and the hunches I get off of the early pre flowers have not failed me… yet.

Since I need the space I will be kicking 4 of the almost males outside and hope I did good. If not I’ve got an early season female outdoors.

1 Like

Hey guys, sorry I’ve been out of town. Here’s some update pictures, anyone have any more thoughts? It looks like it’s showing male and female signs in my opinion but again this is my first grow so what do I know.

Was this a clone?

Seems like taking a macro photo isn’t easy. No worries. Here’s a male flower:

You decide if that matches your plant.

Looking more malish each passing day. I see no female parts in there.

1 Like

I stand by my original assessment.

1 Like