Stoner Music Videos ~Music that is endlessly fascinating when we get high

1 Like

My favorite and stand-out performance by Jackson Browne…

~ I think I just dated myself

• I was in High School back then

Literally: “HIGH” school

1 Like

“and now for something COMPLETELY different…”

Maybe they are a lot more like us than we thought…

Sometimes it is just not necessary to understand the language

Corazon Espinado literally means:

“Thorned Heart”

1 Like

Your “CORAZON” is your heart…

Strauss… Totally classical, and the thing that amazes me still about a symphony is that so many artists with such various instruments co-ordinate to make such a huge and complex piece of music, with so many different tones and so on…

All ages, all together. And a thing that gets me is that my parents complained when I played popular and rock music at the volume I supposed it was originally heard at - when a Symphony Orchestra even without modern electronic amplification must have been equally as loud as ZZTOP, a band notorious for being heard five miles away when they played…

In fact, I once brought out my stereo (back in the seventies) and put it in the living room of my Poppas house so we could listen to a simulcast of Arthur Feidler and the Boston Pops at the halfshell in Boston for the fourth of July celebration -

And he made me turn the volume down!

I just wanted to hear it like it sounded…

But anyway, a book I was reading mentioned Strauss, so I hunted this concert down to share with you:

Now having given you that - here is a performance that for me brought the two worlds together!

Mein GOTT! How I would have loved to have BEEN there…

~ expand your perceptions

Love and music have much in common
~both come from the heart and spirit

I hope that I entertain - but I wonder if I am doing it well since I have heard from few in this thread since it began

Here is a video that gives it’s proceeds to a charity, and is a remake of an old song that is very…

Deep

I put this in the wrong place (stoned me)

Here it is:

I had intended this thread to be contributed to by many - I’m not sure what it means that I seem to have taken the lead and put so many many videos on here. Maybe I have become the unofficial ILGM DJ in some fashion, given that I have such an eclectic musical interest(s)

But feel free to join in by all means! I would love to hear some choice music from the Netherlands and other places around the world…

For decades I have been fascinated with the North American Southwest. If you have seen pictures and videos of New Mexico, Nevada, and Arizona - there is something deeply enchanting about the place itself, even though many native people there exist at a poverty level there is a rich heritage and community spirit there that embodies many spiritual ideas. Native american mythology and stories are very different from elsewhere around the planet and Carlos Nakai seems to capture much of that with a simple wooden flute…

Smoke a few tokes, and sit back for an interesting ride

1 Like

Am I just doing that good a job? Or is this a lame topic…
I wonder why I see no other posts

Someone please comment - I’m in the dark

Should I keep doing this or quit

1 Like