Starting for next grow

Also skip the cottle leaves. I think thats the right term. All branches after that are nodes correct?

2 Likes

Im open to any and all suggestions

1 Like

The first set of leaves that have 3 or more fans to them, are where you start counting nodes. It should go, starting from the bottom, 1. cotyldons, 2. first leaf set 3. First node.

How big of a pot are they in right now, and what will they finish in? I would suggest waiting until they reveal their sex to you, before you heavily invest in them.

Maximizing your yield in a 3x3 will depend on how many plants you actually end up with, but i would suggest top a time or two and lay a trellis net over them. Keep them tucked under that net until its full or you are ready to flip them.

What nutes you running?

Ive got ff trio for nutes right now they are in maybe maybe quart pots but i have 5 gal fabic pots to transplant into. I ran out of ffof soil. So i have some organic potting soil along with some homemade compost and was gonna mixx perlite into it to keep it airy.

1 Like

The soil they are in now is the leftover ffof mixxed with organic potting soil. About a 70/30 mix.

1 Like

Yea i want to top them. I fimmed the auto im growing now only bc i didnt know it was an auto. I still need to get a net. Was waiting like you said to see what ssex they are. I plan on ordering seeds after another grow or 2. I have like 10 15 seeds left that ive collected and were given to me. I dont wanna spend the money on good stuff until ive got more of a handle on fixing problems that arise

2 Likes

Oh and there is only 1 or 2 that have 1 finger leaf. The others have 3. Must have been the angle of the pic. For some reason none had more than 3. Like the new grow 1 plant already has 5 fingers

They should be good for now in the quart pots, until they show sex. Then chop your males and up pot your females. Your auto on the other hand, im not sure what to do about. We will see how she recovers for now. FFOF is typically hot I hear, i dont do soil. But I can tag someone who knows more about it than I do. Your FF trio nutes should be fine, I ran that same line in the first half of my grow, no issues, as long as you understand that FF soils are already loaded with nutes for the first 5 weeks or so.

How sure are you its an auto? And maybe its the angle in the picture, but it almost looks like its topped, rather than fimmed? Seems to have new growth either way.

@Covertgrower you got any advice to throw out there?

@Nicky @AutoMattik whats the best option going forward on this fimmed/topped surprise auto in a quart pot?

2 Likes

The one thats almost done is the auto. I know bc i never changed the light cycle and it started flowering. And yes new pistils started growing on the underside. I read not to prune autos tho so i left them should i cut them off?

1 Like

I think i may have confused you or im confused lol. The one that is almost done is the suprise auto. The seedlings are all unknown at the time being. The one almost done is in a 4 gallon bucket.

1 Like

I havent done anything at all to the new ones yet except ph water. Sry for any confusion

1 Like

Oh I gotcha, nvm, lol. Its late here and Ive been partaking heavily tonight, so its me who got confused, my apologies. Ive heard of people lightly defoliating/pruning autos, but its more an art form in itself as rather a standard technique. The folks I tagged above are auto gurus, but I think they are asleep now, so they could give you better assistance on those. I just started my first auto, so my knowledge is pretty slim there.

As for the seedlings, like I stated before, I would just wait them out and keep them happy where they are until they reveal themselves. Im sorry for creating a mess lol

2 Likes

No problem at all. I think i confused the thread by talking about the one thats almost ready. Thank you for all you advice.

This is forum/community experience. So im learning how to grow and how to participate in a clear way lol. My adhd makes it hard to type everything i wanna say bc i get off on other things lol

2 Likes

No problems at all! I love this place, so many have helped me, I feel its only right to contribute back how or when I can. You can find the answer to almost any question you have here, we all know something, and if we dont know, we usually know someone else who can. Let me know at any time if you need something. Feel free to check out my grow journal to see what mistakes ive made and what not to do, as well as a few successes. Actually, I think i may remember seeing you like a post once or so… idk. Gonna load another bowl. Lol

1 Like

Thnx for the tag @DefNSmokn late here to I’m about to crash.

The auto that’s the big plant and flowering has a Mutation it seems by the leafs /stems.

A better couple pictures of the plant and the buds, lights off flash on please as always (red is messing with the image).
I can’t tell if it’s fox tailing or now
What age is this plant?

2 Likes

Same. Just ticked 12:00 midnight. Have a good one. @Nicky

2 Likes

@GhostGrow just always watch all your timers switches power cords make sure they are where they should be according to your time in grow. For cords its good to check heat dont wana over load. Lights SCHEDULE is important not to inturpt. Good day. Happy growing

1 Like

The lights i have are led. They dont put off any heat. Temps are pretty consistent they have been getting down to 67 since its been cold. High 77. When it was small it got powdery mildew. We were growing vegetables outside and it must have come from the tomatoes or squash. I also had silvery stuff on some leaves and thought it was thrips… I used neem oil and pruned a bunch of leaves.

This 1st pic is when it started growing. Already looked strange. the 2nd 1 is after i had to prune a bunch. I really thought it wasnt gonna make it. I found this site not long after.

1 Like

It sprouted june 14th. I had 2 the other was a hermie but i got rid of It soon as i saw the nuts