Started my first grow this week, here's my beans

So far everything has been going smoothly. 4 of 4 Blue Dream autos germinated in water for about 48 hrs. They have been in the soil for 4 days, my room is holding 75F 70% Rh pretty tightly.
Bean #1 This is the only one that concerns me, she was the first to come up but one of the cotyledons is curled tight, I thought overwatering but I’ve been pretty light on the water. Just going to keep an eye on it for now

#2 and #3 came up maybe 24 hours later

#4 has been sat in the water 12 hours longer than the other 4 and is still coming out.

5 Likes

Definitely the most common problem with seedlings. Put a dome (e.g. a clear solo cup) over them and mist inside the dome a couple of times a day. You won’t need top water at all for a week doing this. If you do water, seedlings only need a couple ml of water per day.

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

I think it might just be a love to death situation. I have a catheter syringe (I know it sounds gross but they work well for small applications of water) and have been lightly putting a few drops near the base. I think I’m going to relax a little on that one only unless the other start to do the same thing

1 Like

I use a syringe at that stage too. I use a 3ml syringe with a blunt tip needle.

3ml daily? Any other circles around the plant or misting?

Only 1 or 2 ml per day. I usually use a dome and don’t water at all for the first week or so.

Seedlings only have a tap root at this point. It’s a good idea, but only after the plant starts developing a root system.

2 Likes

Plants look good! Love your handle!

2 Likes

If do not have a dome…" been out" can use a clear sandwich bag. I would just mist it…cover them and just take a peak every couple days. As soon as they are going well you will know. They will explode. Can relax and let nature work. You look setup good.

Thanks, I’ll get some photos of the setup, its like this room was built for a tent lol

1 Like

Yes!
Next step while I’m waiting is modify this into a pipe Tom Servo Robot Replica Prop Kit - All the Parts to Make Your Own Bot

1 Like

Loved watching that MST3K as a kid. Still watch it on Comet. My wife watched it with me and does her own little movie ad-libbing now

They getting bigger, 1-3 like this #4 maybe 18 hours behind.

1 Like

Day 8 in soil

@MidwestGuy @Borderryan22 How early have you seen a plant start to show sex?

1 Like

Usually takes 4 to 6 weeks.

1 Like

Autos can start full on flowering as early as three weeks.

Is this just the start of more leaf growth? I’m not seeing it on any of the other seedlings. It’s just about the first leaf growth.

Just new growth. That will be the first ‘node’. Those little growths will turn into branches.

1 Like

Thanks, makes sense it’s the strongest one of the group right now.

1 Like