Start training as a SCROG plants

@merlin44 Sorry man…it’s been a long day for me at the VA Hospital. Dog tired and out stupid internet is down to. Just one of those days.

It’s going to be a fun build. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I hope that you are doing OK. Never fun to visit the docs.

Yeah I’m ok…I don’t need back surgery so that was a positive note. I have been worrying about that since the MRI.

On my pvc Scrog I will only be doing a temp set up because I can not move my big girl. Just to heavy and big for that. So I will have to put one piece at a time in and then zip tie till she is harvested.

4 Likes

Well I got more PVC pipes so I am starting my build. This is the 3/4” pipes and these will be the main support system.

2 Likes

I couldn’t get the joint pieces I wanted so making do with 8 T-joint pieces. And no glue is going to be used. This is going to be the main support for my big girl.

I do plan it for 8 more T-joint pieces so I can utilize it at several heights. I’ll zip tie the 1/2” pvc for the middle support. So much to do still.

4 Likes

@PurpNGold74, @merlin44, @Myfriendis410, @peachfuzz, @dbrn32

So for an update. I was working on adding T joints in the middle of my Scrog contraption late last night.

I was using the tail gate of my pickup truck to saw the pvc as it was a nice night out. I hear my name being called and it was my neighbor with a pistol. He thought someone was trying to steal my pickup truck.

What a night…we look out for each other.

8 Likes

I am glad he asked before shooting…

How did the SCROG frame turn out?

5 Likes

Buy that PVC cutter. It’s worth the $8.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I’m using the saw blade on my trusty Leatherman I bought when I was in the Army. It’s Army Strong…:+1:

3 Likes

@merlin44 I have to cut 4 more pieces and it’s done. That is the task for today and I’ll get a updated photo up tonight. So it’s going great.

3 Likes

This is what I added last night on the 4 main pvc posts. I can run this Scrog set up for two scenarios. First for one big beast as support.

The second option I can run a Scrog screen from the get go once they hit a certain height.
If you look to the plant up near the top you can see she is ready for the screen.

3 Likes

[quote=“MrPeat, post:29, topic:36626, full:true”] I was in the Army. It’s Army Strong…:+1:
[/quote]

Thank you for your service.

4 Likes

@CoyoteCody You’re welcome.

This next step of the build will be entertaining at best. Since I couldn’t get exactly what I was wanting so I’m going with the Shaft Construction Company build.

3 Likes

You mean sawzall? Lol

2 Likes

SX342

Ratcheting pvc cutters are amazing.

3 Likes

I went a bit more support and also wanted to be able to pick up the whole setup and rotate without damage so I can access all sides throughout. Looking good tho this is my 1st scrog also

7 Likes

Hello so how did your SCROG turn out?

It did’t happen. The grow got out of hand. Going to have to revisit it.

1 Like

O ok well keep on keeping on!

1 Like

I have switched to 15 gallon fabric pots thus my system needs to be redesigned. :+1:

1 Like