Slowed seedling growth?

I’m a little concerned about the room my 2 seedlings have in their solo cups. They look happy and healthy, I’m just worried about how much room their roots have to grow in the cup since I didn’t fill it up all the way. I added soil a few times in the first couple weeks it just seemed to sink in with every watering. I feel like they haven’t grew very much the past 2 days but I could just be being impatient L’s Wondering if I should transplant this weekend to keep it from getting root bound, or if I just need to relax haha thanks in advance

@Hellraiser @MeEasy @Eagles009 @Nicky @Breezy

4 Likes

Once the seedlings leaves extend past the side of the pot they are in you are good to transplant. The plants look healthy so I’m sure you’ve got a good root ball.

3 Likes

Whenever your ready brother! Don’t let anybody tell you she’ll be fine for a few more days if your uncomfortable, transplant. You might found out the advice you were given was right all along but I’d rather make my own mistake than blindly follow all the time.

1 Like

Man if I had more soil I wouldn’t even question it I’d just leave em for another week at least. But between the low soil and low humidity in my house, I’m watering every day already. But what I think I’m going to do is put them under the MH light Saturday at 200w and see how they react. :grimacing:

1 Like

My Mykos doesn’t get here until Saturday anyway lol

1 Like

I think your fine either way :wink:. But I would transplant it now personally if I had the materials ready. She’s looking super healthy btw.

1 Like

Yea they look very happy so that helps put me at ease. This forum also is a HUGE tool. Almost like a cheat code haha

1 Like

Oh yeah, I learned SO much. I mostly just read random threads about problems I never had. But it shows you where others went wrong and how others are diagnosing the original mistakes. Very very informative.

1 Like

Then you should go ahead and transplant when you can, though being root-bound is hardly a problem. Check out the roots from my solo cup challenge, the plant was in that cup for over 4 months and was still perfectly healthy.

3 Likes

:flushed: wow mine will be fine until my mykos gets here then lol I don’t wanna transplant without it. Then I was thinking of putting the rest of the 4 under the 200w light Saturday also. They’re not too far behind the 2 biggest

2 Likes

Once you get soil go ahead but I was specifically going to mention @Hellraiser 's solo cup as we were talking about it last night

2 Likes

@Hellraiser @Eagles009 @Nicky @CMichGrower

1 Like

I moved the girls into the tent today and transplanted the 2 biggest ones. Watered with a 1/4 gallon of water mixed with jack321. Then a cup of water mixed with recharge. Lights set at 250w right now. Going to crank it up to 400w tomorrow if everything looks good. I ordered an AC Infinity 4inch inline fan because I was worried about the ventilation of the air and the temperature staying above 70 degrees so I’ll just have to keep a close eye on them until then. Will the inline fan be all I need to get proper air ventilation in and out? I’m not really worried about the smell. I feel like the transplant went well overall :pray:t4:

2 Likes

Wait how bigs your tent

48x48x80

Do I need a certain size?

Are carbon filters a necessity or could I potentially run the fan directly in an out of the tent? @Nicky @Hellraiser

2 Likes

Carbon filter just for smell. Not a necessity.

3 Likes

What eagle said.

1 Like