Skippy's first grow, Banana Kush, WonderDawg, White Tahoe Cookies, Black Jack in coco with Jacks321

Again, terrific photos!
My description would match yours, and I, based on what I think I know (but with no experience), would let them go longer.
However, my girl suddenly looks very similar to yours (clear, cloudy, a few amber), but I also think I see brown scattered about. Since she has been going 101 days at 12/12 and I am nervous of going too long, I decided she goes down tomorrow night.

1 Like

Great photos.

Not sure which tricombs are from what strains but if that was a sativa ide be happy chopping now or in a bit. No wrong time going forward.

If it was an indica and then I’m like ash I like a solid amount of clear gone and my Amber really showing.

The first and second picture definitely look less ripe, I would give them time if possible.
If you notice the other pictures all the tricomb heads have a nice solid plump shape but most importantly they have formed mushroom caps, that’s a good sign according some research out of UBC’s cannabis research.
Another thing I read but not sure where, was an actual published study though not just an article, explained that Amber appearance in the head of a tricomb does not necessarily prove that the thc production is slower than the thc degrading into CBN. The degradation is the Amber but that tricomb can still be producing more tch hourly or daily then thc is degrading.
So don’t be scared of Amber, however do keep in mind more CBN = more couch lock

Most commercial growers due to appearance will harvest at the first sight of sought Amber just like you are right now. So it’s a mixed bag, although when doing things on a commercial scale variables are different.

1 Like

Thanks @Nicky It’s Banana Kush and I am not necessarily in a rush. Those shots are all from 2 flowers, one off of each of the 2 biggest plants. I am not trying to avoid the couchlock, actually would probably prefer that. I was figuring on waiting a few more days at least but seriously my knowledge is limited to having grown lots of vegetables, reading copies of high times and the anarchist cookbook 35 or 40 years ago, and reading grow journals on here, that’s what convinced me to go with the coco and Jacks.

2 Likes

Do you have a good plan to dry?

In a tent hopefully, hopefully a controller for the exhaust fan that can be set to a humidity setting and that way you cna maintain ideal humidity in your tent to prolong the dry.

1 Like

If I do all 4 plants at once it will be in the 4x4 they are in now. I have a Black Jack plant hanging in a 2x4 with an ac infinity exhaust fan at 1 and a small fan on low across the bottom of that tent. It is staying between 64 and 69 degrees and 50- 60% on the RH. That plant has been cut and hanging to dry for a week already and is not ready yet. I was gonna use the grove bags to store in and so I checked with a moisture meter today. They were between 13.2 and 14.9% checking about 5 different buds on different size branches. I am sure I can maintain the same environment in the 4x4 as it is right next to the other one. My bedroom is cold though.

1 Like

Sounds like a mroe ideal environment then mine, my room is ussualy to warm and to dry. I put a humidfior inside my tent and that sorta helps but a 4-5 days and mine are done wish I could get longer drys.

You sound set

1 Like

I’m in Virginia and we have humidity to spare!

Yeah I’m on the other side of north America by the rockies but actually just in the start of the prairies (for now gonna move closer to the mountains by 1hr eventually)
Dry here… Hard on the skin.

2 Likes

Funny, I lived in Edmonton for 4 years.

1 Like

Yuck, I bet it’s alot nicer there and you don’t miss Edmonton lol

I’ve been in red deer for 3 years, girls finishing nursing here.
We want to move to Rocky Mountain house/nordegg area to be closer to the glacier rivers and mountains due to climate change in our future.

1 Like

I liked it there. Hardest part for me was the longer days in summer. Married a Canadian, moved there about 4 years, divorced a Canadian, moved to Montreal for about 4 years. Finally ended up within 30 miles of where I was born.

1 Like

You are right where I would typically chop, unless I’m making night time oil out of an indica, then I’ll let it go further

2 Likes

Thanks @AfgVet !

1 Like

I’d say you are at the beginning of the harvest window, anytime between now and the next 2 weeks is good for chop depending on how much couch lock you want.

2 Likes

Thanks @Hellraiser !

Monday, October 18. Black Jack.

Tiny sticky flowers stored in Grove bags heat sealed after sitting at 58% RH inside a larger Grove bag for 24 hrs.
199 grams of flower sealed in Grove bags stored in a cool dark place and 1 and 1/2 one gallon freezer bags of trim in the freezer. Still waiting to chop the Banana Kush which I have thought would be the real yielders. Debating whether to call in reinforcements for the trimming of the BK after trimming up those tiny flowers from the Black Jack. I am not sure how long to cure in those Grove bags before opening for use but I did heat seal them closed to prevent me from opening them repeatedly to check on. I am in a slight state of shock at the volume and was thinking that it might have been a good strain to turn into oil or tincture as the trimming was extra tedious, but I will probably practice with the trim. I do have a couple of clones begging to get put in the tent.

2 Likes

Tuesday, October 19. A couple days into week 12 since light flip.

Other than the foxtailing, the pistils are just about all darkened and receding. I went back to feed the last few days but I doubt these survive the week. All of these shots are from one pretty decent sized bud.Tue Oct 19 19-43-15
Tue Oct 19 19-43-31
Tue Oct 19 19-43-45
Tue Oct 19 19-44-28
Tue Oct 19 19-44-47
Tue Oct 19 19-45-05
Tue Oct 19 19-45-27
Tue Oct 19 19-46-52
I put 5 grams of decarbed trim into 4 oz of coconut oil cooked in a double boiler for 20 minutes into a box of brownie mix, divided into 32 tiny pieces, and ate 1 an hour and ten minutes ago. Seems to be working!

3 Likes

Wednesday, October 20. I got tired of waiting and unplugged the lights this morning so they would not come on. One last look.

Removed everything from the tent, a quick wipe down with some diluted peroxide. Hung all 4 Banana Kush after removing as much leaf material as I could stand. This is looking up at them.
I was completely astonished by the results of the Black Jack, so I have no Idea what to expect from these.
The 2 big girls are hanging in the back of the tent hiding behind the 2 shorties, maybe twice as much mass back there. The same oscillating fan from the canopy is on in the bottom of the tent and with the AC Infinity vent on 5 the RH is 56% and the temp is 63 degrees F. I am eating brownies made with the trim from the Black Jack.

3 Likes

Saturday, October 30. After what feels like a week in Trim Jail, those seeds planted in June are now finished. With great thanks to those whose Journals, comments, and answers to my many questions got me to this point. Including but not limited to @jd77 @CygnusX1 @Nicky @Pinboy @AfgVet @ashhhh @plumbdand @Pinboy @imSICKkid @Hellraiser .

I am still in shock from the success, from left to right in that picture. Black Jack-199 G. Banana Kush 1-235 G. Banana Kush 2-245 G. Banana Kush 3-153 G. Banana Kush 4-135 G. Unless the rules of math have changed, that is 967 grams of flower not including the trim and larf crowding my freezer. Now I just need to clean the tent again, rehang my lights and air filter, transplant the clones and plants in my bathroom up to 5 gallon bags, and give them a few days to get established in their new home. Then flip the switch to 12/12 and get this little factory started back up. I love this place!

9 Likes

Amazing work!! What a haul.

1 Like