Skippy's first grow, Banana Kush, WonderDawg, White Tahoe Cookies, Black Jack in coco with Jacks321

Again, terrific photos!
My description would match yours, and I, based on what I think I know (but with no experience), would let them go longer.
However, my girl suddenly looks very similar to yours (clear, cloudy, a few amber), but I also think I see brown scattered about. Since she has been going 101 days at 12/12 and I am nervous of going too long, I decided she goes down tomorrow night.

1 Like

Great photos.

Not sure which tricombs are from what strains but if that was a sativa ide be happy chopping now or in a bit. No wrong time going forward.

If it was an indica and then I’m like ash I like a solid amount of clear gone and my Amber really showing.

The first and second picture definitely look less ripe, I would give them time if possible.
If you notice the other pictures all the tricomb heads have a nice solid plump shape but most importantly they have formed mushroom caps, that’s a good sign according some research out of UBC’s cannabis research.
Another thing I read but not sure where, was an actual published study though not just an article, explained that Amber appearance in the head of a tricomb does not necessarily prove that the thc production is slower than the thc degrading into CBN. The degradation is the Amber but that tricomb can still be producing more tch hourly or daily then thc is degrading.
So don’t be scared of Amber, however do keep in mind more CBN = more couch lock

Most commercial growers due to appearance will harvest at the first sight of sought Amber just like you are right now. So it’s a mixed bag, although when doing things on a commercial scale variables are different.

1 Like

Thanks @Nicky It’s Banana Kush and I am not necessarily in a rush. Those shots are all from 2 flowers, one off of each of the 2 biggest plants. I am not trying to avoid the couchlock, actually would probably prefer that. I was figuring on waiting a few more days at least but seriously my knowledge is limited to having grown lots of vegetables, reading copies of high times and the anarchist cookbook 35 or 40 years ago, and reading grow journals on here, that’s what convinced me to go with the coco and Jacks.

1 Like

Do you have a good plan to dry?

In a tent hopefully, hopefully a controller for the exhaust fan that can be set to a humidity setting and that way you cna maintain ideal humidity in your tent to prolong the dry.

1 Like

If I do all 4 plants at once it will be in the 4x4 they are in now. I have a Black Jack plant hanging in a 2x4 with an ac infinity exhaust fan at 1 and a small fan on low across the bottom of that tent. It is staying between 64 and 69 degrees and 50- 60% on the RH. That plant has been cut and hanging to dry for a week already and is not ready yet. I was gonna use the grove bags to store in and so I checked with a moisture meter today. They were between 13.2 and 14.9% checking about 5 different buds on different size branches. I am sure I can maintain the same environment in the 4x4 as it is right next to the other one. My bedroom is cold though.

1 Like

Sounds like a mroe ideal environment then mine, my room is ussualy to warm and to dry. I put a humidfior inside my tent and that sorta helps but a 4-5 days and mine are done wish I could get longer drys.

You sound set

1 Like

I’m in Virginia and we have humidity to spare!

Yeah I’m on the other side of north America by the rockies but actually just in the start of the prairies (for now gonna move closer to the mountains by 1hr eventually)
Dry here… Hard on the skin.

1 Like

Funny, I lived in Edmonton for 4 years.

1 Like

Yuck, I bet it’s alot nicer there and you don’t miss Edmonton lol

I’ve been in red deer for 3 years, girls finishing nursing here.
We want to move to Rocky Mountain house/nordegg area to be closer to the glacier rivers and mountains due to climate change in our future.

1 Like

I liked it there. Hardest part for me was the longer days in summer. Married a Canadian, moved there about 4 years, divorced a Canadian, moved to Montreal for about 4 years. Finally ended up within 30 miles of where I was born.

1 Like

You are right where I would typically chop, unless I’m making night time oil out of an indica, then I’ll let it go further

2 Likes

Thanks @AfgVet !

1 Like

I’d say you are at the beginning of the harvest window, anytime between now and the next 2 weeks is good for chop depending on how much couch lock you want.

2 Likes

Thanks @Hellraiser !