Skippy's first grow, Banana Kush, WonderDawg, White Tahoe Cookies, Black Jack in coco with Jacks321

Thank you @AfgVet!

1 Like

Yep, what they said.

2 Likes

Thanks Hellraiser!

Friday, October 8. Day 69 of flower, tomorrow will be 10 weeks since the flip. Chopped Black Jack last night.

And then there were 4 Banana Kush left, the RH has dropped inside the tent to being in the 50’s at least and dropping to upper 40’s with lights on.
I don’t think it’s visible in the pics, but there is some netting supporting the leaning colas. I fed each of those 4 one half gallon of full strength Jacks. Inside the 2x4 tent for drying the temp is 66 degrees and RH is 56% with the ac infinity exhaust fan on 1. I tried setting the controls so the fan would come on at a specific humidity but it’s too smart for me. With a small fan blowing across inside the bottom of the tent on low and the vent set at 1 it seems to be holding steady at 66F and 56%RH which I think isn’t ideal but should work. If anyone knows something different I would appreciate a heads up. I did not expect trimming and hanging one plant would be that much work, and it will still need to be dry trimmed. The 4 big girls should really be fun, especially if I try to wash the buds.

4 Likes

Quite a haul there! Just one plant?

1 Like

Yes that is one plant, Black Jack from a bag seed. The buds are very tiny and dense, I don’t know if I’ll have 1 oz or 4 oz off of it. The 4 Banana Kush in the tent are just starting to show some cloudy trichomes. If nothing else this was good practice, did you take a decision about your harvest yet?

1 Like

It will be interesting to see the yield. Looks like a lot to me, but I am yet to harvest.
Speaking of our harvest, we are monitoring our girl very closely. I think the sun will set on her this week.
Does the odor intensify the first day or two after the chop? Unfortunately, that is a big factor this week.

1 Like

That particular plant hasn’t increased odor that I can tell, but that doesn’t mean others won’t.

1 Like

Ah, thanks. My girl looks to be turning amber rapidly. Reduced lighting (35 DLI, 11 hours) seems to have given her a kick in the butt, or it is just a coincidence? 97 days since flip.

1 Like

Tuesday, October 12. All 4 plants have been back to water only for a couple days now. I am trying very hard not to rush things, but I believe things are getting close.

Last night I removed a small bud from the BK2 and got these.Mon Oct 11 23-31-12
Mon Oct 11 23-31-40
Mon Oct 11 23-32-13
Mon Oct 11 23-32-37
Mon Oct 11 23-33-57
I am seeing mostly cloudy, and a little clear still. I am trying to hold out for a little amber trichomes and will try to stop removing small buds to check out. I imagine a few days to a week at least. The 2x4 tent with the Black Jack drying is currently 67 degrees and 56%RH. I promised myself I wouldn’t look inside that tent before Thursday.

2 Likes

Your trichome pics are fantastic, both these and the Black Jack.

1 Like

I broke down and ordered one of those USB microscopes from amazon for like $22. I can’t get my hands steady enough to take images while they are still on the plant though. I am still gonna try to wait for some amber on those Banana Kush plants, but the Black Jack went from cloudy to amber very fast-maybe just a few days. I have about an eighth oz of small buds dried already from cutting them off to look at properly.

1 Like

I have a cheapo one also. It came with a stand that I connect to a tripod, but the results were unsatisfactory. I have not cut any buds off, but I found that if I freehand the scope and press it against the buds, this holds everything more still. Regardless, my pics are nowhere near the quality of yours, but I think they meet my needs.

1 Like

Thursday, October 14. Drying tent is 68F and 53% RH, plant was chopped 1 week ago. Used moisture meter to test 5 flowers on different size branches and they were all between 13.2% and 14.9% so there is probably a few days left hanging there. In the 4x4 tent most of the visible pistils have changed color and/or are shrinking still except those tallest colas with the foxtailing from the lighting (I am guessing). I gave each plant about a half gallon of water and took a top flower from a shorter branch on BK1 and BK2 (the big girls) so I could try to use the USB microscope again. The sticky fingers didn’t help but after a little alcohol on a towel to clean my fingers and the fiskars I got these.Thu Oct 14 18-45-45
Thu Oct 14 18-49-54
Thu Oct 14 18-51-04
Thu Oct 14 18-51-47
Thu Oct 14 18-52-44
Thu Oct 14 18-53-35
Thu Oct 14 18-54-55
Thu Oct 14 18-55-46
Thu Oct 14 18-57-20
Thu Oct 14 18-59-16
I see some clear, mostly cloudy, and a little amber. I will give them a few days at least while I consider chopping the whole tent vs. taking the top half of the plants and letting the lower parts keep going. My inclination is to chop them all and use the same tent to dry it all at once. @AfgVet @jd77 @Hellraiser @Nicky @ashhhh or anyone else with opinions, feel free to sing out. I am pretty happy with how things have turned out so far.

7 Likes

I like a good buzz with very little couch lock. I’d personally call that good whenever you’re ready myself.

Looks awesome.

1 Like

Thanks @CygnusX1 I was typing while stoned trying to remember who else I wanted to ask.

I’ve been following along lurking in the shadows… :sunglasses:

1 Like

I do the same, jumping from journal to journal and then find out I’m a hundred comments behind on one I thought I was following!

1 Like

I personally don’t harvest when I see some clear ones. I like a couch lock feeling so I wait to get more amber. Id say go for another week or 10 days. Again, which ever high you prefer. Looking good!

2 Likes

Thanks ash!

1 Like