Sick seedlings 3/4" tall

ok lights are good. I didn’t see the spiral in the picture. If you using it could go down a lot lower to like 4 inches above plants.

I’d warm them up slowly. Make sure you keep a thermometer right on it so you don’t heat them too high. i have no idea if the low setting on mine and the low on yours are the same? It could be a huge difference. Don’t want to cook the young plants.

also i am concerned about your LED lights and domes that will have water drop on them. I’m thinking that could cause issues worse that we are trying to fix.

???Not sure what you mean. I hadn’t hook the spiral up yet when I took the picture.

In the support ticket, that is what you listed for lighting. But when I looked at the picture, I didn’t see the light so i thought maybe I’m just not able to see it because of the way the picture is angled or something…

LED lights emit strong UV light (forget which band) and the intensity of these lights thru the domes, especially if they have water drops on them could cause your plants to burn.

I will admit I don’t really have any experience with those low wattage LED lights so maybe someone could jump in?

I think domes would work better under CFL or under tube florescent lights like a t5 of something.

Here is what I started mine in:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKKU71M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?tag=greenrel-20

And I like the little t5 so much I bought an LED version! Great price

Got it,that’s why I was thinking of putting a strip of wood under the glass domes. Maybe I should leave them off. I do have clear plastic sheeting I could wind around the whole table to help keep in some of the heat. BTW…I’m too poor to invest anymore money than I have to.
I’m off to the store to buy some soil to put my new seeds in, what should I buy so I don’t mess up the new batch?

1 Like

I understand. i’m only trying to give you ideas that you can improvise on or you can put on your wish list for down the road.

@Bobbi refresh my memory on where in the world you live? No need to be very specific but if you are in MA or New England I might have an idea for ya.

Midwest…I already started 5 new seeds yesterday before you told me to hold off. 3 have sprouted so I need to get them planted today. What should I buy for soil?

We have a local job lot store called Ocean State Job Lot I think they are only in the Northeast but they are selling these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NCTGQE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?tag=greenrel-20

for $20

on Amazon they are $35. It is what I used for my first grow and so did @Kapelady and i think we are both happy in what we spent and how they performed. Might be worth keeping your eyes open to see if any of the local “job lot” style stores have these for around $20-

And there again, food for thought!

1 Like

I purchased a 6’4" x 4’ x 4’ tent on sale through Walmart, was $199.97 on sale for $109.97. It was impossible to put together, the material was too short for the tubing. My hubby thru much cussing tore out 8-10" of seaming and gave up on it. I told him to just take a pipe out and try that, he didn’t want anything more to do with it. I took the pipe out and put it together with no problem but the seam was still ripped. After complaining to the company they gave me a full refund and told me to keep the tent. So now I’m going to sew up the seam myself. How’s that for a deal!

2 Likes

What about the soil, what should I buy? We have a bomgaars 3 minutes from our home, I’m going there as soon as someone tells me what to buy.

1 Like

sorry I answered on the other post. Hope you got it over there.

I bought 2 of these and reconfigured them to not only hold 4 five gallon buckets, but to mount my lights on. They are Easily adjustable, compact, and the perfect height for indoor growing. I got mine at a local hardware store for $15.99/each.

3 Likes

@bob31…and I just had my first try at my grow …2 puffs and an hour later I put my pj top on backwards! And it still needs to cure for a month! Yes this is where I got my mini greenhouse and you can comfortably grow 2 plants and use the top part for drying your buds if you set it up properly. It’s perfect for me.

1 Like

@bobbi…any potting soil will do because you will be using the proper fertilizer. However, I highly suggest getting some perlite to mix into the soil.

@dissidentPriest…yes I have my lights rigged to hang down from one of the poles inside the greenhouse

@bob31A special ThankYou for taking so much time today to help an old lady out. I treasure all the info, thanks again.

ok @Bobbi sounds good. I like helping out, so let me know if you have any questions!

How are your sprouts doing? @Bobbi

Nice of you to check up on me, LOL. Not up yet.

3 of the 5 NEW seeds are up. The other two are taking their time.
I finished setting up the 300LED lights in the tent and moved the sickly seedlings in. Now I have a few questions since I’m a first time tent owner. It’s a 6’4" x 4’ x 4’ tent with many openings with ties attached. I have the charcoal filter with timer/duct that’s not hooked up yet, will need help with that down the road when plants start growing. Right? I just opened the boxes and took a picture now, was surprised how big the charcoal thingie was. Did I get the right one? Doesn’t look like the one someone suggested I order.

As to all the openings in the tent, should I seal them off so the tent stays warm inside? Our basement temperature right now is at 67 degrees. Humidity is at 66. Inside the tent it’s 68 degrees at the moment but I just put the plants in.The only thing running in the tent is one 300LED lamp 14" over the seedlings. The LED light has a fan on it. So, close all openings ?

2 Likes

good looking fan @Bobbi,you will have to keep an eye on temp…learn how to control with fan,use timers…just a thought