Sick seedlings 3/4" tall

Yes, I’ll have to put an order in for the Grower’s Toolbox. Maybe I’ll order a better bag of soil while I’m at it, what would you suggest? I have more seeds I can plant in case these don’t make it. Also Majitoker said to keep lights 12-16" above the plants. But I didn’t get an answer back on my bulbs, they are only 15 Watt bulbs, see photo. Should they still be 12-16" away? I do have two new bags of Hydrofarm INC-FOXFARM FX14000 1.5 CUFT Ocean Forest Potting Soil I’m saving when transplanting into large buckets. Should I try replanting in that?
When my plants are large enough to go in the tent, I have 2 LED lights that are 300Watts each, how high above the plants should those hang?

@Bobbi They are 12 watt bulbs but what is their equivalent rating?

Also what soil did you plant those girls in? It looks like the soil is too strong for them.

Don’t have a clue to their rating, I looked back on my Amazon order and can’t see that information listed.

@Bobbi

try this for spider mites

@Bobbi

Try this for your Spider Mites

Tabacco Juice recipe

Take 3 strong ciggeretes or more, I use more soak them over night in water
Boil it for 2 to 3 minutes, let it cool off and spray the plants 3 to 4 times a week. You can add safer soap or you can use dish soap that’s what i use, if you like to the mixture.
(make absolutly sure you use gloves/face protection while handling and spraying)
Neem oil works very well too!! Before you use this i have some thing that make’s it much better to use
: Your Last resort is to use Avid

Hope this helps
Will

Use pH-up or pH-down to keep in the range of 6.0-6.5 while using hydroponic solutions. The pH levels vary a little bit per strain. The ingredients of soluble fertilizers also affect the water pH. So adjust the pH after you added the soluble fertilizers.

Want to know more about growing marijuana? Get a free guide about growing marijuana at this link here. Order some high quality marijuana seeds at this link her

4 Likes

is your plant in seedling soil, one prepared specifically for new sprouts with no additional nutrients, maybe just a root growth supplement (mycorrhizae)? Any fertilizers at this point will damage the leaves and roots, slowing growth, maybe even killing the seedling.

the Fox Farms Ocean Forest is a great soil for your plants to be transplanted into when they are in the vegetative stage, it has too many nutrients for your baby…too “hot” for such a small plant.

If it were me, I would carefully get them out of that soil and into some new soil with no bugs. its early in the game and easy to transplant seedlings. bleach or toss any gear or containers and you wont be fighting a bug prob;em your whole grow.

FF Happy Frog is good seedling soil.

1 Like

The paperwork that came with the lights should tell you the distance for sprout seedling/ veg/ flower probably 2.5 to 3 feet to start.

Post a link from Amazon for those 12 watt LED bulbs please. @Bobbi

or if you can give me the brand name and model of them so I can find them on Amazon?

I looked myself but there are too many variations of those bulbs to be sure which one you have… I’m guessing it’s a 12 watt equivalent in that it has 12- 1 watt LEDs.

Yes, paper work was in the box with 300W lights, just hadn’t opened them yet. I transplanted all 4 seedlings into new soil with no nutrients in it. I was surprised at the length of the roots, some 2" long. Those of you that suggested too rich of soil were right, I had planted the seeds in organic soil that was too rich for them. Lessen learned. You can teach an old dog new tricks. The new soil was dry, I didn’t water it at except misting them 15 times each. The soil I took them out of was very moist. Now how much more water should I put on them

1 Like

get the soil wet to the touch the first time. keep it moist but not wet enough for the dirt to mud up snd stick to your fingers.

4 Likes

@Bobbi @M4ur

So here is a better spot to discuss those seedlings. So the reason I replied to this post is because I see something that concerns me. @bobbi Are you fertilizing with the miracid?

So let’s get some new pics and here is the support ticket for you to fill out!

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plants

2 Likes

Thank you so much, this is really going to help me. Unfortunately I’ll have to do the homework tomorrow. It’s getting too late in the day, I’ll take my camera and take pictures and fill in all the information I know. Catch ya in the morning.

Okay, We’re talking about my 4 sick seedlings. First of all, I realized what happened to them, I mistakenly planted the seeds in organic soil that was too rich for them and placed the plants too close to the lights. Now I want to save them. Now to save the 4 sick ones. I already replanted them into just dirt, no nutrients added. No Miracid, nothing.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: The sick ones are While Willow

Age from Sprout: These were planted March 17th, replanted a few days ago

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: Replanted in one long planter, just potting soil.

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? I have a digital watering meter, use that.

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: I sent for Growers Tool Kit, not here yet. (PH pen) Bottom of planter has cork to drain excess water. I have General Hydroponics PH Control Kit, don’t know how to use it. Someone will have to walk me thru this.

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: Didn’t use when replanted.

Indoor or Outdoor: Some will be Indoors in tent, some outdoors in the spring.

Light system, size and height from plants: Right now the seedlings are under two Vintage Grow HIGH YIELD Full Spectrum Hydroponics 12W LED Grow Light Bulb Lamp - and one Led Grow Light, 7W Grow Lamp for Indoor Plants
For the tent when plants get big enough I have two 300W LED lights.

Temps; Day, Night: 68-70

Humidity; Day, Night: Anywhere for 45 - 60

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: No need at this stage

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:No

Co2; Yes, No: ?

2 Likes

@Bobbi so when did you transplant those? Was that in the last 24 hours?

Can you tell us the brand and exact name of the potting soil? there are so many different types of soil out there…

Your sick plants are either sick because the pH of your water is way off from what it needs to be or the soil is way too nutrient rich for growing MJ in.

Or both…

Actually you can check your ph with that kit in the picture. I’ve never used one linke that but I think you just add water to the small container and a certain amount of drops from the small pH bottle and then read the color based on the chart?

1 Like

I replanted them yesterday, the bag is gone…garbage man took it already. It was just a small bag of dirt from Walmart. Not sure what, hubby picked it up. I think they were doomed from the soil I planted them in before, not what I replanted them in.
Okay, I just added tap water to the vial, add a couple drops and my water is in the basic range, not acidic at all. I’ll have to start watering with the miracid?

ok, go with distilled water and only spray the leaves and around the base of the plants to keep moisten them. also what is the temp and rh in that room?

Ok, so any chance you can get them a little warmer? Like 77 during the day and no lower than 68 ish at night? The RH looks low to me as well

They might benefit from a dome over them? Cutoff 2 liter drink bottle or something clear to help keep the humidity to 60-80

I can make domes, hubby keeps the thermostat at 68 and our heat is still on. maybe with the lights and dome they’ll warm up. I don’t want to cook them. Did you see my note above, our water is basic, should I add the miracid or just keep with the distilled. Can I use glass? I don’t do plastic. I can put some wood strips under them so they can breath.

until you get a pH tester only add distilled water.

Do you have a heating pad that is waterproof? You can probably set that planter right on one if it has a low enough setting. that is what i used under mine and it kept them a perfect 80 degrees.
**You would need to have a thermometer right on it to be sure of the temp…

Do me a favor. Do not use anymore anything that has the word miracle in the name. Do not use that on MJ plants. It just causes all sorts of problems.

You are gonna need nutrients at some point, but not for a couple of weeks or so. You would do a lot better if you used specific nutrients that are more compatible with MJ. We can talk about that later.

for the domes?

If so, i guess so? Just need to lift them off a couple three times a day and left fresh air in under them.

how far are the two LED lights from the top of the plants?

Are you also using the 7W grow lamp? Is that a CFL Spiral?

3 Likes

and yes, I ask a lot of questions! LOL :v::palm_tree::+1:

14" light to plants, 7W is a spiral. I just put my waterproof heating pad under the planter and turned it on low. Should I turn it up to high until everything gets toasty warm? and use the domes too?