Should I "top" this autoflower?

This Neptune Kush autoflower plant is already beginning to flower and it is less that 2 weeks old.

I’m assuming I shouldn’t top it, but I was hoping it would get much bigger before flowering. I did bend and tie it down a few days ago to get more bud sites (hard to see in pic) - was the training that the reason? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

3 Likes

Do not attempt to top.

Autos can be little bitches sometimes. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

No. The LST did not cause that. It is just bad luck this time.
Not sure but I think this was Bubba Kush that did that too. Gave me 1 oz finished.

And this one I just cut, it is definitely Bubba Kush, may give up an ounce. The soil was too compact and it didn’t make a good root system. 12" at it’s highest point

5 Likes

Yup autos are finicky lil and effers sometimes. Any mistake can trigger flowering. And they do as they please.

If she has started flowering, I wouldn’t top her, but continue the list until she begins to harden off (get too stiff to bend)

5 Likes

Thanks to everyone for your advice - you were correct.

These pics arent great, but as you can see 2 weeks later theyre doing good. I need to do some tying down and tucking, but there are at least 15-20 bud sites per plant.

1 Like

Dont bother to top the plant if its already flowering

Ur best bet is get ur self some good genetics that are stable i would recommend using regular autoflower seeds as regular autoflowers can veg up to three months allowing you to do topping and training i run regular autoflower seeds and fem autos both of my fem autos are flowering but my regular autoflowers are showing sex but not flowering yet i did some research on regular autoflowers and they said they can veg up to 3-4 months before they flip to flower

Theses are my girls one of the regular autoflowers has a 2.5 feet canopy on it

3 Likes

I didnt top at all - this is a follow up from 2 weeks ago when I asked that question.

1 Like

Aha ok kool

1 Like