Should i harvest or should i let it grow more. please help

SHOULD I HARVEST OR SHOULD I LET IT GROW MORE.

EVERYTHING WAS LOOKING GOOD. NOT MUCH WHITE HAIRS. MILKY THERPNES & everything… and now all of a sudden it started to grow [NEW GREEN and WHITE HAIRS STRAIGHT UP] DO YOU GUYS THINK THIS IS BAD OR FOXTALLING OR IS THAT NORMAL RIGHT BEFORE HARVEST. ITS BEEN ABOUT 12 WEEKS MABYE 13 WEEKS

The new growth is called fox tailing, and it won’t stop. If the bud is where you want it, chop.

2 Likes

Is fox tailing the same as the term finishing flowers ? As in the plant is making a last ditch effort to pollinate it self ??

2 Likes

It could come down to genetics or light intensity. If it happens midflower it’s really not a big deal. If it happens after you think it’s harvestable it can be annoying. If they go too long it will be hard to see the current trichs. At which point the current trichomes will be beyond mature.
If the bud is where you want it when you glass the trichs id pull. It’s a pain to trim up immature fox tails.

1 Like

So the immature fox tail bit gets trimmed off, right

1 Like

I don’t, just tight trim them. It smokes

1 Like

Aight that’s what I was thinking. Fox tailing. Cuz that new growth didn’t look normal. But I was confused cuz its happening on the lower parts of the plant as well. So I wasn’t sure if it was just the strain or what. Lol thxx!!!

1 Like

I would. Throw it in with the trim and larf to process for something else.

1 Like