Seeking Help Please- Yellow w/small brown spots

I also forgot an important fact. The water used for the slurry was neutral drinking water at 7.0 pH. I have no idea how that correlates with the final number.

1 Like

@Freebirdmikes @DRsDank @Pinboy @OGIncognito @BigCat420

Its best to use distilled water for slurry test. One thing to consider doing your investigating and corrections is that too much calcium will block your phosphorus and potassium so keep it balanced!. 3.5 grams of calcium nitrate is alot. Another thing to consider, top half of plant is lighter then bottom half?..what is your actual ppfd at canopy? Light stress can look like this as well. Your runoff numbers are def a little high, atleast the one you call the worse one is. 1900 runoff is streep. In conclusion you may have a couple things going on, and calcium is locked out at 6.2 for soil, so you can give them a proper dose but possibly will not absorb any.

3 Likes

Thank you! I had been at 3g and bumped it up due to the possibility of lacking calcium/nitrogen. Keep in mind, that’s per 1.3gal of water. Is 3g still too high with that amount of water? The light stress would make a lot of sense. Especially seeing how the damage is seemingly focused in the center of the tent. For the runoff, is that still high given it was almost 1500 going in? Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Btw, I’m a dumbass. Of course I should’ve used distilled for the slurry test. I was really racking my brain trying to make sense of the numbers using the 7.0 water :joy:

2 Likes

At 1.3 gal it should be ok…sorry im just used to per gallon

2 Likes

And 500 over whats going in (tds) in my opinion yes is alot. Its not a big deal if organic nutrients were still left in soil but i doubt that is the case.

2 Likes

Distilled water would give you more accurate numbers. I use 8 ounces of each and stir it well. Let it rest for 24 hours then stir and test. Why is your input PPMs so high? Personally I would target 1000 -1200 PPMs and 6.5 on the PH :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

You’re right. No nutes left in the soil. It’s already been flushed.

Og brought up a great point, my jacks mix even for flower is never over 1200 tds at 500 scale.

2 Likes

That’s a great question. I’ll need to test without nutes and then test each individually. I was initially adding additional nutes for 1.3gal after doing the math. Maybe that math was incorrect and/or maybe I need to tone it down a bit.

Or or- maybe I need to use the standard 3.8/2.2/1.2 or whatever it is per gallon, regardless of the additional third of a gallon of water?

@Poseidon1
@VictorPascow
According to the chart above and doing other nutrient searchs. The plant having lite leaves at the top points towards excess potassium and phosphorus. I do agree you can have to much light but a lot of times light stress goes right back to the nutrients being off.
If I’m wrong let me know but I ask you to take another look at the chart above in particular the exess of p and k then think about the amount being fed 52 and 34 that it pretty strong.

3 Likes

Thanks @DRsDank. That makes a lot of sense as well. Sounds like I possibly have multiple issues at the same time compounding. I will address so of the above ASAP!

1 Like

I fed her this morning.
Rain water 1 gallon
15 ml big bloom
15 ml grow big
(Per FF chart)
5 ml Fish Shit
5 ml cal/mag
Ph to 6.54
PH out 6.58
E.C. in 1372
E.C. out 2044
PPM in 693
PPM out 1025
Fed 1/2 gallon
We’ll see how she reacts.

2 Likes

@VictorPascow the difference in soils is day and night.

This plant is in FFHF

This plant in Sta-Geen at the same age.

1 Like

Wrong pic! This is her in Sta-Green at about the same age.

1 Like

Wow! That looks like a rather stark difference if that was the only variable!!

1 Like

That’s the only difference. Same strain, same amendments, same lighting. Wanted to see the difference in soils side by side and I have my answer.