Seeds in Rockwool

I germinate in rockwool with autos what i do is soak rockwool in ph water about 20 min others say 24hrs but that is not necessary. Pull rockwool out of water DO NOT SQUEEZE IT WILL DAMAGE THE CUBE. give one good shake to rid excess water and dont water again till it feels dry to the touch put into humidity dome under atleast 18/6 schedule put dome under light on a heated germination mat set temp to 77 78 degrees. There is no need to germinate in darkness unless you water germinate or plastic bag the reason fo darkness is so the root dont receive light but if you germ in soil or rockwool or any other soil the seed is in darkness wether a ligh is on or not the light provides heat for germination for germination to occur you need heat plus high humidity now as soon as it breaks soil remove humidity dome immediately and set your RH to 65 to 75% basically you want your VPD OR KPA to be under 1.0 in seedling and veg state there are charts you can go by to keep you in the sweet spot

These are the charts i go by and i have no problems

3 Likes

Lol …that would be crazy if the mob boss genetics were ever involved in an auto breed !!

4 Likes

So my outdoor rescue was drooping hard from need for water - and I spotted her disgusting aphid-covered leaf bottoms for the first time. I can infer a couple of potentials
1- I suck at looking for bugs
2- the DE killed them all. Nothing was moving
3- I may be wildly wrong and they were all still very much alive and the DE did nothing and all this reproduction happened under my neglectful watch.

Can’t be sure which - again, nothing is moving, not even under a microscope. So it’s dead now either way.

I do know I don’t want to risk that shit in my grow room. I evicted that sucker so fast. I also washed my hands and examined all the plants within her proximity. Removed any fan leaves that may have touched at any point.

She will finish fine outside. Maybe she’ll even get a light rain and be washed of this DE :joy:

And anyway, my contest entries are doing fine.
mother of dragons

Perfect Circle

Together:

8 Likes

Wow! That bites for sure. The others look nice and healthy. Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ack! Now that’s a poster child for bud washing LOL :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve never been more ready. :joy:

8 Likes

Oooooh! I’ve been meaning to buy some of that! It’s used very effectively on WPM too!

4 Likes

just dropped seed, got REDRUM “cherry pie x ultraviolent OG”, Hindu Kush and Fruit by the foot (cotton candy x mythic OG x Ruderalis" in the cubes germin now…soaked in great white and GH NPK enzymes, my dang clonex solution leaked out during the move :frowning:

4 Likes

Bummer - hope it didn’t stain anything.

3 Likes

i was smart enough to bag all my nutes individually , just not smart enough to make sure they were in the box on top :frowning:

3 Likes

I remembered I had the 2022 one chip challenge in my cupboard so I went ahead and ate it.

I thought about eating them both but figured I shouldn’t push my luck in case this actually was spicy and actually caused some gastrointestinal harm.

Pleased to say it is spicy AF but I’ve gone ~15 min now. It’s fine. I have more regrets about the 2020 chip.

7 Likes

I personally love spicy foods back in NC i was topping everything with carolina reapers …spicy has no effect on me i dont even get misty …i ate 3 of the 2022’s at the same time and nodda …my daughter however gave her mom one and she i guess ate a small piece and went into anaphylactic shock and almost died …had to get the epinephrine leg shot and paramedics etc…weak blood!!

4 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

Yeah I’ve decided it’s just people who either a: have no heat tolerance or b: ate it on an empty stomach. I did the latter thing in 2020 and it was agony - not from the spice but from the immediate stomach pain. Took a good 15-20 minutes to subside after I ate something.

5 Likes

Not that big of a spicy fan most of the time, however grew up doing hot pepper eating contest cuz I disliked letting my older brother win at something I could beat him at. Lol

I’ll be sweating buckets but I’ll make it. :joy:

5 Likes

LOL savage!! .get it!!!

3 Likes

speaking of which…

i took 7 oz of flower, tossed it in the magical butter machine with a 5th of 200 proof ethanol, boiled it down to 2 mls of feco and made 1 cookie…ate that beast and never felt so sick in my life…pretty sure i OD’d on cannabis took days to get right again :stuck_out_tongue: …ive come to learn that edibles are not for me i just dont like the body high effect

3 Likes

Well 2mLs of feco is … a lot. :joy: assuming a straight conversion from mL to grams, you had something like 1,500mg of THC in your cookie. I wouldn’t eat that. I wouldn’t even take a bite of it.

6 Likes

I reorganized quite a bit this morning. Put Sour Cherry Mids x 1978 Acapulco Gold into the flowering room - the final one of those intended to run with PBB. She actually wasn’t originally a contender, but I ended up having to up-pot her for her own health and figured once she recovered, I may as well. She might miss the window for the pollen, but I’m not worried about it.

That means the run is nearly complete - in 6-8 weeks I’ll have a bunch of weed and a bunch of seeds. :crossed_fingers: consisting of
Peanut Butter Breath x
Matunaska Thunderfuck
LSD
Caramelo
Marmalate
White Widow
PBB
Sour Cherry Mids (maybe)
Black Amnesia

3 should result in fast flowering strains, or at least the ability to hunt em easily from the resulting offspring.

Next project is taking off. Mob Boss (Tony) is in her 5 gallon final home. I’m going to cut a clone off her and reverse it - more fem Mob seeds and probably the opportunity to have polyploidy in many. Cool stuff.

Lastly, the outdoor plant came indoors last night during a ridiculous thunderstorm.

9 Likes

LOL as always you got a jungle goin on !!! :slight_smile: …what is mob boss in? is that coir? …looking fantastic!!!

3 Likes

Yessir. Pure coco coir for me from now on if it ain’t hydroponics. I’ve decided that the perlite/coco mix compacts over time, as the perlite eventually breaks down - I’ve inherited a few clones with the perlite added and it drains worse than my regular coco solo cups.

I started using FloraFlex coco because they come pre-measured and treated in 1 or 2 gallon bricks. They’re stupid easy to rehydrate and to fill a container like this one, I just threw in 2 x 2gal bricks and hydrated. Bam.

The bag is a Rain Science bag. I was fine reusing my fabric pots but when the gnats infested, I needed something I felt like I could really sanitize deeply. I feel like the woven plastic mesh is not going to be able to house eggs and larvae as easily as the fabric can. I haven’t reused any of them yet but I have 3 now as a test run. I suspect that it will be my new go-to just like the FloraFlex coco is.

Haha, yes sir. Would not have it any other way. I don’t even smoke that much. But damn is it fun to grow.

6 Likes