Seeds in Rockwool

Absolutely worth every penny, especially while I’m hunting clone mothers.

The Dream of growing for business is, perhaps, slowly moving closer to the horizon than the once distant “some day maybe.” If that’s the case, I’d sure like to be armed with worthwhile strains that are different from what everyone else has to offer.

Thanks boss. I also specifically purchased a few of their “mailer bags” - child resistant zippers and a 10-14 gram capacity. Perfect for the folks who need a little gift giving sometimes. :v:

3 Likes

@Graysin There are so many that sstarted with the blurps. Would love to see if they make a difference!

2 Likes

Me, too. I need to start by actually getting some seeds straight into rockwool and on a heat mat. That way from the moment the seed hits moisture, it’s exposed to the exact “proper” conditions. I have seeds arriving today I need to drop - perhaps five? It seems a good sample size to evaluate for sex based on environment.

2 Likes

Hell at least a half a dozen :wink:

2 Likes

well, Gary, what on earth am I supposed to do with em if they’re all ladies?? :joy:

2 Likes

Always soak it wet first and let it set for like 5 to soften everything up I hate when that happens. Might be savable if u can atleast needle the split so it opens depends on how it looks.tho I guess. I’ll try these other 2 shortly I’ll wait til I know I’ll have room.

2 Likes

Yeah here’s my process

Soak in shot glass of RO for 24-36 hrs til a tail forms. I waited 36 for this one to let the tail grow out a bit. Planted her into a root riot sprinkled with Mykos and dipped her tail into CloneX Gel.

She was looking good (see above a bit) until the membrane started to shrivel on her. She was opened up fully. It’s just like the membrane dried up and squeezed out right under where the cots were.

I am going to mist a cup and drop it on top of her and hope for the best. Like I said, though, I’ll be shocked.

2 Likes

We are ingenious, we always figure something out :+1:t4: :tumbler_glass: :v:t4:

2 Likes

@graysin hey bud hows everything going? I’m +600 msgs behind, going to take a min to catch up. Have you or anyone hear of the Cure Egg, terpine/flower restoration? I’m just curious, I seen one @ peak supply but I can’t find any information about them, or how they work, how long they last? Pretty sure there for keeping flowers fresh and also adding/restoring terps.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen it before. Looks like an expensive Boveda pack.

Sex test results are in for the 4 randos I tested:

5 Likes

Interesting are you testing supposedly feminized seedlings? Perhaps you have stated that and I missed it.

4 Likes

I’m testing regular seeds. Feminized seeds will always be female genetically speaking. They may hermaphrodite, but a sex test won’t pick that up.

3 Likes

The males - not exactly show stoppers.

The peach purée

The ladies:

An Oblongata piñata and a Trenchcoat

7 Likes

They all look good and good ratio of female to male on the results

2 Likes

Peach Purée is literally on her deathbed. :joy::rofl::v:

3 Likes

She aint worse than my gsce and u told me she would survive sir

2 Likes

We’ll see what happens. It’s worse today than yesterday, which was 10x worse than the day before. She’s in “plant rehab” but :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Gsce slowly getting better so i have faith. Soon she healed up ima flip em

2 Likes

Thanks, man. Glad you do. :joy:

Also I was looking over one of my plants today - I think she’s definitely knocked up! I was distracted so I can’t recall which one it was - oh! Kona Kauai.

@nodurxshn i don’t think KK is gonna produce much bud, she got a bit of pollen from the Wedding Cake a little early in the game :joy::sweat_smile: maybe we’ll have some sweet KK x WC Seeds though.

I’ll try to remember to snap a shot of her buds later today.

4 Likes

I would super soak the cup with ro water to flush it real well add a bit of calmag a drop or 2 to a cup of water and follow with that then leave the plant under a weak ass light spray it a touch cover it with a bag or a solo cup. Might come alive.

1 Like