Seeds in Rockwool

I thought this before also just looking at pistils. Usually if she’s knocked up the pistils come out in big clusters like so. When normally it’s like 2 hairs or so per calyx a knocked up plant throws out a cluster like so I’ve noticed this with the plants I had that hermied or ended up having babies lol. Like my pink plasma pollen mess. I did end up with 4 strains mixed with pink plasma tho lol. 2 pouches ended up getting left on the dresser in the light and somehow must have got moisture in them because they all molded so I threw them out lol. Star plasma and pink plasma both mixed with pink plasma make pollen and there was a spit ton of seeds from both. The 2 kinds that were fine one had like 10 seeds and the other like 50 dark plasma and dark Yoda. I can’t wait for the gg they stanky

2 Likes

Yeah, thankfully I remember the pistils starting to throw like that about a week ago, so that lowest (open ish looking) flower must have been the original offender.

I’m not really on the watch for signs of pregnancy, I have a couple plants I’ve shaken the wedding cake pollen onto quite intentionally. If everyone ends up knocked up, I won’t be shocked at all. Not disappointed.

I’m just going to need to pay extra attention while trimming to keep the seeds separated.

2 Likes

I forgot to adjust my timers for Daylight Savings. :grimacing::woozy_face: so lights are still out.

I gotta get Ruby Juice and Watermelon Cream Cake into the veg tent. I put a blurple up in the bottom of the tent to germ these guys. Someone has a theory that blue light helps increase chances of females - so we’re running a blurple gifted to me kindly by @JaneQP to test the theory.

3 Likes

Put some kind of plastic or something under each one for if they drop seeds some seeds will finish faster or the pods end up brushing against another bud and break seeds loose this way u can minimize the I don’t know pile of seeds from the floor lol. Make them an outside grow and just try and figure out from smells of which is which when they grow

2 Likes

I did same thing light were 715ish now it’s 815ish lol

2 Likes

I have drain trays under them - right now they’re sized exactly to the pot but I have some oversized trays en route. I think that extra 4”-6” will give me adequate “catch” space. But I’ll try to separate the pregnant ones so there’s a wide radius between those who will drop seeds and those who won’t.

Here’s the drying room right now:

5 Likes

When I collected pollen I took alum foil and made a bridge under the plant lol. Used string to hold the corners taped it to the main stalk was a pain to get off the plant with pollen so I swept it up with a paint brush and collected it that way

2 Likes

Smart.

PS - Peach Purée is looking like she’s going to give up. I don’t know what it is about those genetics but as much as there’s a rave review, I’m done trying.

2 Likes

In coco

1 Like

If it’s in coco do ro water only for a good week. Maybe add calmag only. I only do ro sometimes with calmag but usually ro for atleast a week keep the cup wet and warm but not alot of light wish u weren’t so far I’d send u the 300w vips for vegging they work great for that

1 Like

Nah you’d understand what I mean when you see it. It’s almost like a real thin film of her seed membrane remained intact right around the topmost portion of her stem. As it’s drying out, it’s slowly squeezing the life out of her. I tried to remove it carefully yesterday morning and thought I got it. I think the damage is done, though.

2 Likes

Can you free it with a needle or stick pin? I use this trick quite often. I know exactly what you are talking about

1 Like

I did yesterday. The concern is the leaves are already small and crisp. I’m hoping she bounces back, but honestly not convinced it will.

I’ll take a pic tonight so you can see what I mean.

1 Like

She’ll probably bounce back. I’ve had great luck with a drop off h2o2 to soften it up in the past.

1 Like

I can hope.

In other news, my samples made it to the good Farmer today, so soon I should have results for all the regs I tested except the 4 Sunken Treasure gals. Those samples are due Friday, so I won’t know til next week on them.

1 Like

Very awesome. What was the cost? I like reg seeds for their health and vigor, but growing out and sexing is a pain

2 Likes

They run $15 a test, but the more you buy, of course the cheaper they get. It’s $12 per test for a 10 pack and there’s a coupon code floating around to bring it down to about $10 a test. I can’t recall what it is, probably dudegrows or something like that.

If I could spring it, I’d grab 100 tests at $10 each and add the discount code. Brings them down to $9.08 a test.

Edit: it’s mrgrowit - only good once “per account” so I’ve used two email addresses already :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Look what arrived!

8 Likes

Still worth it! Saving 3-5 weeks vegging boys ain’t valuable if you’re not breeding.

2 Likes

Nice grove bags

2 Likes