Seedlings leaves light green, growing seems slower?

Hello everyone, I have the white widow auto’s and They have been doing great with an Adjustment in the distance from lights to tops and when they were lowered closer, all the plants leave started Pointing up and Head great growth each day with wonderful color and yesterday b4 bed10pm, It was time for the lights to come back on and I pulled them out to observe and check them out, and I noticed the real light green/yellowish change in color. I ph My water And put it in a spray bottle and have been misting the soil in 2 to 3 separate 10 each clicks until the first or second hole in the bottom of the container(water comes out) shows. I’ve been watering them the same way since I’ve Put them into the soil. I would really appreciate anyone’s advice/experience to get this under control As it is getting close to go into 5 gallon. Thank you Mike

2 Likes

Ok as for seeming lack of growth, This is normal at this stage as they are probably just laying down roots system

Yellowing I’m not really seeing from the pics but new growth is usually a bit lighter, not yellow but light green for sure
They will probably outgrow this provided that you aren’t over watering

They don’t need much at all at this stage

Now for the stretching that they are doing
That indicates that your light is one or more of three things
Too far from plants
Too low intensity
Or my favorite, In adequate lighting

So you can adapt your lighting a bit at a time to alleviate these

What is that “soil” it looks like a lot of sticks and twigs. That’s neither a huge thing as your seedlings sprouted, but often that gets in the way of the tap root taking root

Next time I would either consider another soil or sift and pick as much stick / and mulch stuff out

Overall they look fine, just a bit leggy

When you transplant you can bury some of that excess stem

6 Likes

Hello and thank you @Mr_Wormwood for your advice and help to stay on track! As the soil goes, yes I knew better and pointing out the taproot system, very important. Should I wait until they feel almost dry and start a new cycle of misting until I see drips out the bottom?(should be getting time to get into fabric pots)also I just took these 15 mins ago b4 I layer them down to sleep, so these marks have showed through since 12hrs ago? Help and thank you again, mike

3 Likes

Stick your finger in the dirt about an inch or so, if it’s still moist don’t water till it dries out

I would start watering in a circle outside of the stem area to force the roots to seek out the water

As for transplant you want to wait till the leaves slightly overlap the edge of the cup they are in

You should check out @Hellraiser journal

3 Likes

Ok simple, accurate and routine, gotcha…I appreciate it @Mr_Wormwood for your advice and time! I read a lot and want to touch base with experienced ppl like yourself. Ill check the journal out for sure.
@Hellraiser
24hrs since most recent pics

just got them out and they have dried10pmcst*** the “brown spots”were not on there? I’m thinking water(new cycle starts tonight), ph off(I got a full spray bottle full of tested and ph’d at 6.47) any advice I greatly appreciate

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’m glad you tagged @Hellraiser as he is one of the most experienced folks here

If the soil is dry give some water, don’t drown them though.

Nm looks like you did

3 Likes

I don’t like misting, I just pour water into the soil til a little runoff, usually 4-6oz of water per plant in solo cups, about the same size of the containers you are using, then let them dry til the cup feels light and repeat as needed.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t sweat those spots too much unless you see them starting to spread or see them on other leaves

Weed be pretty resilient and it will most likely grow out of it

3 Likes

I’ve seen spots like that on over-watered plants. No more misting and only water the soil, not the plant itself, staying too wet/constant misting can cause fungal issues.

4 Likes

Listen to him
He’s not the Valued member of the month for nothing

3 Likes

That sounds like a solid plan and a lot less complicated! I will start this ASAP @Hellraiser and keep a close eye on the brown spots, @Mr_Wormwood that makes me feel more at ease considering all this popped up seems literally overnight! Thanks to the both of you and @Hellraiser for the specific regimen! I will monitor very closely and will update pics within 24hrs. Thanks again guys, mike

1 Like

Hello fellow growers, sorry it’s been almost two weeks since I’ve posted an update on the girls but it has been a crazy two weeks(probably me overthinking everything to much)! The last post/pics I had the problem with the watering cycle and well you guys know! I said o well, buckled down and transplanted into my 5 gallon mediums on 8-7, so I wanted to wait a week to post updates because of all the spotting and watering mishaps in the seedling stage. Well, where I am we just had a crap load of rain all the way til 2 days ago(3 hard, 2 off & on). So needless to say I had a lot of nerves racking lol! I’ve kept a strict watering(ph), nutrient cycle, Robert’s plant protector kit and document everything with 6 composition notebooks and digital photos of progression. As of today, her are the gals and want to thank @Hellraiser @Mr_Wormwood for the buckle down and now going with the flow! Will monitor them actively and I’m going to create a journal on here also. Happy Growing! @Caligurl @roaddawg714 @PurpNGold74 @GreenSnek @MidwestGuy @Allinherhead @G420 @dirtydave image|563x500

Uploading: E3DA8313-AC72-4BAF-B773-660335E90A31.jpeg…
Processing: 1293A517-2044-49D3-B089-600A1808886E.jpeg…
Processing: DBD8B1FF-9111-48D6-9016-46218B8E8F69.jpeg…
Processing: E0186CE8-E516-4006-8118-39F6C42E0150.jpeg…

5 Likes

@Derf @Unknown @mefis @Docnraq @Spiney_norman @Shazam7 @2GreenThumbs @anon86641082

2 Likes

These are the ones that won’t loadUploading: 9DF1DC01-6EF1-4515-A321-633601167C5D.jpeg…
Uploading: 13FE464F-B915-48E5-98F7-38E40FD6015B.jpeg…
Uploading: 854814B2-F643-4D3D-95E2-E8CE68D291EF.jpeg…
Processing: A04A2F96-75B0-44D0-BCDA-C6BD0BE8E3D0.jpeg…
Processing: 050E6959-8C2F-4033-BBB8-DFDD61336E51.jpeg…
Processing: ED923E1A-C42F-406D-9ED3-51CC3D099884.jpeg…

1 Like

Glad everything is working out

3 Likes

Solid work! The laddies are looking great. Just keep doing what you are doing and I think you will be very happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks nice, I was freaked out about the endless rain we were getting when mine were in veg and early flower. Turned out no problems I just kept watering/feeding as scheduled rain or shine and it worked out great. When it rains on buds we just gently shake the buds after the rain stops. Can’t wait to watch your garden grow

3 Likes

I go to keep eyes on you work, nice job, I can’t wait to see you product

2 Likes

Thanks y’all, this is all relaxing and learning how they live and grow is all together awesome! I’ll be back once a week now I’m stable with updates and will definitely need y’all’s advice and opinions when it’s time to harvest…Happy Growing! Mike

2 Likes