Seedling questions please read

Stay frosty my friends! A week to ten days or so from harvest time.

3 Likes

Updates on other plants also!

3 Likes

So honestly I could only find maybe 5 white hairs total on the entire plant, I did look with my tool and seen some clear trichs. How long do you guys think I have left to wait? Another week? Any day? Etc thank you!! @Newt @GreggT @Docnraq @merlin44 @Fieldofdreams @Dforce @OGIncognito @Graysin

2 Likes

A week, maybe more. Keep checking those trichomes every couple of days. I thought maybe I saw a little foxtailing in the pics. If so, try to not look at trikes on the tails. They will be mostly clear on the tails.

3 Likes

Yea the ends are more clear than other areas, what is foxtailing?

1 Like

The only white pistols I see are from foxtails. I would start preparing for harvest next weekend.

3 Likes

What’s foxtails? And the ends are clear trichs assuming next weekend they will be ready?

3 Likes

The new growth that the new white pistols are coming from is called foxtails. All brown pistols are starting to recede. @kjcarr24

2 Likes

Is that anything I did wrong or just something that happens? And oh wow next weekend would be great lol. Moved my buckets around to make sure it gets full potential on lighting.

1 Like

You didnt do anything wrong. It happens

2 Likes

When you start seeing foxtails, the end is near.

2 Likes

Such a bitter sweet feeling, I’m so ready to smoke it and enjoy it but giving these plants countless hours and help along the way you really grow to them. Tell me I’m not crazy but I’ve gotten so attached over the last two years.

3 Likes

Hey brother, we all feel that way. If someone tells you they dont, they are lying through their teeth!!

1 Like

I respect that and so agree! I was hoping I wasn’t the only one! I look stupid haha but feel so bad cutting it down.

2 Likes

Get that feeling again on the next grow!! You cant help getting the feeling.

1 Like

I agree they are really close. :+1:

2 Likes

Yes and no.
Some strains are prone to foxtailing genetically, there isnt anything you can do, as the cultivator, to change that.

All strains will react this way to inpropper environment. What I mean by that is excess light during ripening, excess nitrogen during ripening, or failure to harvest (overgrown). With light you can either, drop a couple hours of on time (i.e.- go from 18/6 to 17/7 or 16/8), or reduce the DLI, during late flower, to be less then DLI at mid flower (back off your lights a couple inches.) With nitrogen, stop feeding and only give phd water during last 2 weeks of flower.

1 Like

If she were mine, I’d likely harvest within the week. That said, I am not a big fan of a lot of couch lock.

3 Likes

You think a week it will be a couch lock high? I’m looking for 80/20 with trichs. I’m gonna start checking the tricks every other day till next weekend.

I always say thank you first, then chop.

1 Like