Seedling help for newbie

The TS1000 is 150w Doc. It is good for one plant in a 2.5x2.5 tent.
This was grown for 18 weeks under a single TS1000

Then I added a 2nd and now I have the 350r and 1 TS1000. Gifted the other one to my son for his grow. Got him hooked haha!!!

My bad, the OP was talking about the 600 and yes that is definitely not enough to flower to potential.

1 Like

I just dropped the light down to 20” the taller one grew about 3/16 up today the other about the same.

1 Like

Keep bringing that light down till she stops growing tall. At this stage she should only be widening out. Tallness comes during veg. Stretching like a mofo!

1 Like

Ok, ended up at 20” everybody stopped going vertical. Leaves getting wider. Running light 16 to 18 hours a day.

1 Like

Success! I just realize we have been hijacking @Paitend thread. You should make a journal @BigFattyJ tag me in it and continue on documenting your successes. Its good to have all the knowledge you aquire all in the same place. Grow journals also inspire new growers to greatness!

Sorry @Paitend for hijacking your thread!

Haha! All good! I like keeping up with the pros :grin:

1 Like

You’re too kind. :grin:

Ok here we go.
Meet Nellie (you know…the elusive monster) she is a green crack. The last one i lost was a bit older than her.
I have about 25% perlite in that soil. Lamp dimmed and dimmed to 28%DLP. She seems happy.
I never squirt around her stem with water but, have about 5 squirts or so around the perimeter every 2 days or so.
The soil feels damp but not wet.
The water meter is not leaving the dry zone at all . ( Again testing the parameter because I don’t want to get to close to her).
So, this morning I noticed that 1 of her leaves is curled up a bit. And I noticed a couple of the perlite granules looked kind of green on the side don’t know if you can see that in the picture.
I am keeping her covered and the dome stays stays moist looking …if not I squirt it once or twice A day.
I got a new light.
Is there anything thats stands out to you at this point as a flag that i should be doing? I am using coco loco soil with about 25% xtra perlite added as you suggested. I have a huge bag of this and a strawberry fields, so this is the biggest change i have made.
TIA for any advice!
Screenshot_20221008_100911|666x500

Should i keep her uncovered for any about of time per day?
Guess i am concerned if rhe "green looking " perlite granules could be mold starting :thinking:.

Autoflower or photoperiod?

Yup, see breakdown below.

Good, addtl perlite is a must.
28% DLP?

She does look fairly happy. That is always a good thing. Its a nice tell to be able to recognize. When/if she is unhappy, its obvious.
:musical_note: lately, I been thinking. I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier​:musical_note:

This is gonna sound silly but thats too much water too often for a sprout in a cup, at least for the first 2 or 3 weeks. The first week a sprout drinks from the air, the 2nd week the roots are so tiny she can hardly drink but a drop or two a day. How old is she?

This is from how wet the soil is, the green is likely algea and is not a good thing. For the first two weeks you really only want to mist the inside of the dome, if she was already in a pot you would mist the topsoil around her but thats it. Dryer is better early on in the process. Sprouts and seedlings are weak AF!

In the enclosed space she is in, the perimiter of the cup is close to her. The meter isnt really designed for accuracy so it cant tell the difference between what is wet or dry for such a small space. Against the edge of the cup it is likely telling you its dry when it isnt. Just looking at the photo, the soil is too wet.

Thats good. You could lower that to 1 time a day, and 1 or two squirts from the bottle into the dome. That shoukd be the extent of “watering” each day for the first week or so. (This is why I plant into the forever pot as often as possible. Id say always but sometimes you just gotta start in a solo cup)

What light did you get? Your ppfd/DLI are a little high for this stage. Here is some suggested PPFD per phase. Start at the lower end and build up. Too bright is why the tips of the leaves look pale.

Yes, you can and should to help dry up the soil a little, pull the lid off for an hour today, see how she looks after. You can ditch the dome entirely if you are able to maintain 65-75 % rh in your growspace with a humidifier.

Not likely mold but likely algea, pull them outta there.

Ive not used coco loco before, my suggestion is to find a grow journal here or a grower that has used it to bounce your thinking off. Im gonna tag a couple folks who I know are skilled and/or have longevity on the boards who can help facilitate that. @Nicky I believe uses coco so does @Covertgrower (covert is my go to “growru”) @Myfriendis410 might know more @MeEasy has been growing for years and is very popular here on the boards, might know a person or two who uses coco loco last but not least there is @Newt he uses FF soils and nutes also might have some light to shed.

Im sure Ill have more to say as you answer a few of my questions above.

1 Like

Hello and thank you for responding! She is an auto and i did mean DLI.
She seems happily growing wider and not vertically.
Would you suggest repotting her this early? I hate to even touch her :crazy_face:

My bad…guess the DD of the light didnt post…

meant SS not DD LOL.
Nellie is in her 2nd week. Since she looks too wet is why I am wondering if I should move her to a forever pot. I only have 5gal fabric pot but is prepared and warmed with the same soil.
I am afraid to move her LOL.
Is this considered vegetative? If so the 288 PPFD should be in line?
thanks again!
Also, I am using distilled water. I have read on here the pros and cons of this but a grower who is very successful advised me of this. Do you use a PH tester for your soils?

No, too soon to transplant and as wet as the soil is it will fall apart outside of the cup.

5 gal fabric is fine, dont let her intimidate you. When the time is right and done propperly transplant is super easy. ILGM GDP Auto Grow attempt # 1 - #69 by Docnraq

No, veg starts when the first true leaves (5, 7, or 11 fingers depending) appear. Still seedling phase.

This is fine. BUT (big but) 1) RO water is cheaper when boughten at a fill station, walmart is a good place to find one. Costs about 35 cents a gallon vs the 1-1.50 a gallon for Distilled) this is important as in flowering you can be watering 1-1.5 gallons every other day depending.

1. Both distilled water and Reverse Osmosis water are what I like to call PH UNstable. It means that it cant hold its own PH because of its low TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) you will need to add calmag or epsom salt to it until its tds is between 300-350 ppm.

Not for my soil but for water and feed solutions you will need one.

The two most important pieces of grow equipment are #1 light and #2 ph tester. I wont lie to you, your light is really low wattage. Cannabis needs a MIN of 130 watts of power to give good (not great) buds. Below that they will be small and airy if they form at all. The data sheets on lights, especially on amazon are often completely BS. I cant say you wont be able to grow a plant under it to harvest but I can say you will be dissapointed with the quality and quantity of the proceeds. In the future be sure to ask around on the boards before buying a light. There are a number of experts here that will shoot you straight. The only stupid questions are the ones you dont ask.

As for ph tester. I dont recommend getting the cheapest one you can find. The soil meters are worthless for testing liquid and the strips are very innacurate. You can get a 12 dollar ph meter off amazon but they are trash! Innnacurate, fragile and require constant recalibration. Most of us here use either an apera ph20, 60, or 90 or a bluelabs ph pen.
I wont lie my apera ph60 cost 80 dollars on amazon. Its worth is far more then its weight in solid gold. Good growing equipment isnt cheap, this is one place in life where you will get what you pay for. You will also need a tds meter. This is the one piece of equipment that can be cheap. I spent 13 bucks on mine and it has worked great for almost 2 years of back to back growing.

Anytime my friend. The pleasure is mine. Ask away!

1 Like

I have my other 100 watt light. It doesnt have the samsung LEDs nor the dimmer and madewell …Would it be usefull to use both NOW and just be certain to stay within the DPFD and DLI recommendations?

1 Like

Id wait till flowering time but yeah couldnt hurt.

1 Like

New light is 145 watts yeah?

Naa…they are both 100
Uthfy GL1000U LED Grow Light Use… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09P323LLT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Nellie ia a fighter!

Good evening.
Had a sweet change from AM to PM today.
Her leaves are still bent down a bit. No water for 2 days…
AM

And PM

Is the yellow worrisome?

1 Like

Sure is. Gotta let that soil dry out.