Seedling care leaf discolored, thoughts?

3 Likes

Seedling weirdness :man_shrugging: sometimes they look funny, long as it grows it its probably nothing.

1 Like

Thanks…this is my first ever start to grow. She is AK47 photo…names Gizmo:). I plan to have others with her soon but she is trial and error plant. I messed up twice so far…1)I took mesh off jiffy peat pod, got too dry and when I went to put in solo cup dirt popped in my hand 2) put her outside for 20 min in sun and she fell over.

1 Like

Nothing to worry about

1 Like

Looking good. The first sets of leaves are wonky most of the time.

2 Likes

Cool…thanks for reply’s…I have that fear of unknown going. Getting some distilled water later to start testing ph of tap that I will leave out for a day prior to watering as time goes on. Should I start feeding nutrients after 3 weeks being that she was in peat pod for 10 days and fax farm happy frog for last 3 days?

2 Likes

Peat of course has nothing in it but as seedling it doesn’t need it.
Happy frog should get you 3 weeks for sure maybe even twice that. This is where tds/ppm comes into play.
After 3-4 weeks in a pot of soil, I begin to make sure i get 10-20% of runoff (10-20% of the water i give it, runs out the bottom into a tray).
I then test the tds/ppm of the runoff, as well as ph.
But the tds/ppm numbers from runoff will tell me when i need to start supplemental nutrients.
I try to keep my tds/ppm around 1000. Give or take 300 ppm depending on plant size and auto or photo period.
When runoff is less than 600-800 ppm, I will give a mild nutrient feeding at half strength or less.
This is usually around 4-6 weeks of being in ocean forest or happy frog (I use both) . Size of pot effects this time as well.
A smaller pot (3gal or less) may need it on the early side while a larger (5-7 gal) or bigger may go 6 weeks or more so it’s not an exact science really…
But hopefully my wall of text gives ya an idea :sweat_smile:

Tds/ppm numbers is the best way to know when to feed or the plant slowing signs of being deficient of course…

2 Likes

Awesome!!! Thanks for the knowledge!!!

1 Like