Second Grow: LSD, Blueberry, BC99 Fast in Coco; Aurora Indica Auto in AutoPots, Help Wanted

Looks like the clock is running out on our autos. I think I see pistils. Transplant either tomorrow night or Wednesday. Leaving them in one gallons is not an option, is it? Well, I have at least 24 hours to make up my mind. Suggestions?
Also, the water droplets are increasing and the RH was in the 70s for over 24 hours. I feel like I am taking plenty of leaves. May be time to fire up the dehumidifier.
I was surprised at how little feed the girls took tonight, but that is probably because of the high humidity.

It is and is probably your best option. Transplanting them now is stress I wouldn’t put an autoflower in while she’s starting to flower.

You’ll have to water more frequently than if she were in a larger pot but that’s about it.

3 Likes

Thank you.
Ugh! I am still undecided…

If you’re going to transplant her at this point, I’d sacrifice the bag she’s in, and banana-peel it off rather than pulling her out.

2 Likes

Thanks Newt. Still pondering.

1 Like

Ruminated on my autoflower problem for 24 hours and decided to transplant. Did not trust I could consistently keep them hydrated in one gallon containers.
Decided to forego the AutoPots this time around. Primary reason is the fact I purchased the system using solid buckets and I did not want the girls spending a lot of time filling out the pots and circling roots. It appears that with air pruning, the roots only take a couple days to completely fill out the larger real estate. These girls were started in cloth nursery bags, next they were put in larger cloth bags which were probably about 1.5 - 2 L, then lastly the one gallon fabric pots that I just removed. I left the cloth bags on when I up-potted and they had no problem. Within 2 or 3 days each time, they were poking roots out again. I am thrilled with both the cloth nursery bags and the peel-away fabric pots.
@beardless Thank you very much for the idea of placing something under the fabric pot prior to peeling. The coffee can worked perfectly!
@Graysin and @Newt Thank you for your input.

6 Likes

Nicely done! Artistic, even! :hearts: (since I’m out of likes)

2 Likes

All girls in final home. No casualties.
I think we pulled off the auto transplants without harming them. Time will tell.
The reason you don’t see our bigger tent fully open is it is such a PITA to get the vertical zipper in the middle of the front face restarted once disengaged. There are other issues I have with it. I would not buy this tent again.

5 Likes

Looking great! Seriously bushy!

1 Like

Yes, tons of leaves. Taken probably a bushel of leaves so far.
The humidity got out of control and I had to fire up the dehumidifier again. I put it away in Oct and thought I wouldn’t need it again before next summer. I also moved fans around. Put one blowing under the canopy and a bigger one over the top of the canopy.
Crazy how they all look alike. Started last night with more LST and defoliating. Got the two LSDs and one more done. Hope to finish tonight. Trying to avoid a net. Going to flip in a couple days. Not sure how this will turn out.

4 Likes

Between yesterday and today they all received varying degrees of LST and considerable leaf removal. Impressed with the number of potential buds Blueberry had hiding under her canopy. More LST tomorrow.
The two autos are shaped and were growing identically, but the stems on one is displaying lots of red. Red also is a little ahead of her sis in flowering. Just a little.

Aurora Indica Autos

Blueberry rear left, 2 Blue Cinderella 99 Fast front left, LSDs right rear and front

5 Likes

Little more LST today. So far just the autos.
They are in day 5 or so of flower and day 36 of life.
First autos for me. Should I continue LST or let them go? My inclination is to continue for a bit.
Her flowers smell like cloves, but very mild at this time.
I have stated I appreciate the ability to remove these from the tent for maintenance. One of the problems for me especially is potentially dropping them. I almost did today and broke a branch, but I think it will be fine. Little tape.

4 Likes

Your grow looks awesome Brother!! I’m not a auto grower till now. But training autos can be tricky. I would be scared to do it very far in flower. But I’m no expert on autos. @Nicky may be able to help he is a expert on autos. :wink::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks Dman.
Leaning toward letting her go soon. Keep the canopy flat for another day or two.
I am using Canna Coco feed. They are getting about 70% of “Light” dose of Veg Phase I and about 25% of the Veg Phase II “light” dosage of Canna Boost (flower nute).

2 Likes

I’m growing in Cana coco for the fist time. I’m not using there nutes but I’m watching and extremely interested in your grow. I’m using the last of my fox farm nutes. And goin in auto pots when the girls are ready. The auto pots are new to me as well so it’s gonna be interesting. :face_with_monocle:
:sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Thanks @Dman1969

First thing I would say is autos are as good as their breeder, stick with trusted auto breeders not photo breeders.

Next it’s all about the environment.

As for training, fim is my advice. Grow some get the hang and go from there.

2 Likes

Hey Dman thanks for your support.
So far I like everything about coco except the fact the watering requirements are so frequent, and that’s where the autopots come in. Unfortunately, I did not get them going this grow. Could you send me a link to yours? I will watch and learn.

1 Like

Is that steel wire on the frame they are sitting on?

Thank you very much for the information. Excellent tutorial.

1 Like

Yes, stainless.

1 Like