Second grow...heavy lst on autos...trimming advice?

Everyone is doing well. Drinking like they’re in a :desert:! Had a few ph drops this week but no biggie. All progressing very well. Enjoy the view!

3 Likes

Looking mighty good!

BTW, the Superman sneakers, did you spray brush them yourself? Also very nice.

Keep it up.

Thanks! And the shoes…actually got them a few years back at walmart on clearance. So cheap i bought 2 pair. My fav house shoes.

1 Like

Still stacking up. Amnesia is looking the coolest at this point. Pistils are taking on a pretty bright orange. Gsc extreme is beefy! Big tight clumps of flowers. Question now is should i start taking fan leaves? Seems lots of picks i see are buds with sugar leaves and stems. No fan leaves at all. Is there a school of thought to this? A specific time to start stripping them? If so slowly or all at once? Ive just been taking off what shows signs of wilt or discoloring. As always all advice is appreciated!

1 Like

So i did a heavy defoliate. So cool how many flowers were hiding out. Looks a lot different. 10 weeks from seed tomorrow. Looks like about 30 days or so to go! Lets see how she stacks up!

3 Likes

just some updated pictures for anyone interested. Blueberry has leaves starting to yellow. Trichomes abound on all. Just being patient for them to finish ripening. Any pointers for the final push?

6 Likes

Beautiful!
Absolutely Beautiful.
Well done.

Yes, that is the best approach. They look stellar!

Still feeding?

@PP3121 Yes still feeding. Don’t want to stop to early and i figure if they get a little couch lock because of flush then so be it.

1 Like

just some updated pics. Grow girls grow!

4 Likes

Go to YouTube and watch bill ward’s series of vids on growing autos

1 Like

Looking mighty good!

Keep up the great work.

just a quick update…gave them their last nute water Thursday night. It will be almost gone tomorrow night and then straight phd only water after that. Cut and dried some lower level larf and tiny popcorn buds. Smoke was very potpourri tasting. I didnt flush my first grow hardly at all. It tasted almost identical after dry and cure. Still does. Hoping a week minimum of only water will change that. Everything smells amazing on the stem. Pinch a bud and sniff and each strain is very distinct. The blueberry smells like a dang skunky blueberry! Its awesome and i want to make sure that transfers into a cured product that smells and tastes the same. Anyone have an opinion on flush being the cause? First grow was bag seed of unknown genetics or strain on one and lifter cbd on the other. Oh and the last pic shows amnesia hazes branches sagging under the weight of all those trichs! Frosty, frosty girls!

5 Likes

So i harvested 4 of my 5 autos 3 days ago. Trimmed amnesia and one gscx tonight. Humidity in my drying room was low at 45%rh so they are drying quick. Looking nice. Decent yield. Not as dense as i was hoping but i think that’s a light issue. I seriously didn’t expect 5 autos to eat a 5x8 room up. The upside is the little i tried is potent… very potent. Flavors and smell are still developing. I’m still struggling with an odd taste / smell from a few buds and not the smell i was hoping for. It’s better but still not quite there. Anyway here’s a few harvest pics and amnesia weighed in at 93grams dried. Gscx (just one of the two) came in at 125 grams dried. Not bad for my second grow and first time with autos.

6 Likes

Nice rewards for a great grow. Well done!

1 Like

Nice. Christmas is gonna be a good one this year huh. Stay lit my friend.

2 Likes

That’s one heck of a laundry room! :laughing:

Awesome! Wait for a proper dry and cure, and you will have one hell of a new year!

@PP3121 thats an extra room away from the laundry lol. Made use of this little area as its my “project” room. All in all i harvested 4 of my 5 and wound up 14 grams shy of a pound dried. One more blueberry auto still finishing since she was stunted early on. Heres the clones that were vegging while autos finished. Royal queen genetics of gsc. They are freaking massive plants! And the stretch…i am super cropping 2 to 3 branches a day as they jump up!

First couple plants that i trimmed and jarred are now curing out nicely. Smell and taste is coming togethor. Just finished a week of burping them daily and now its every other day. Few friends who have sampled it love it!

1 Like

Outstanding!

Curious, how long did you BB go, weeks in flowering and total weeks if you have that info?

My first grow was with BB and it went 12 weeks flowering and 16 weeks total. I think she could have used another week or two. Smells really good. Been curing for nearly 13 weeks! Little samples here and there and she seems to keep getting better!

Want to begin a second grow soon. Might go with Amnesia Haze although many have said it is a fussy strain.

Keep posted on progress! :call_me_hand:

Bb 1 went 14 weeks 5 days. Probably couldve let it go another week or so but im not a couchlock lover so i only let it amber out to maybe 15%. The other 85 was super cloudy though. Flavor on that is crazy…but i like it better when its growing and you give it a squeeze. Smelled just like blueberry. Now my stunted bb is 16 weeks exactly today and its got at least another week. Those gsc flowering now are photos. Once they finish im going to begin a 4 bucket autoflower rotation. Start one then 3 to 4 weeks later another and so on. I picked up an auto mix pack and the gscx autos from ilgm with buy 10 get 10 on gscx. And the 10 per strain on the mix pack. So 50 auto seeds total. I should be good for a while lol. Im sure ill get some different strains as i go but northern lights auto will be the first one going on the rotation. Hoping by spacing 4 weeks apart i can harvest once a month when its in full swing.

1 Like