Second Grow — First Journal — Speedy Chilie

Update!

Looking good! Got some pistils coming in already as of a day or two ago so she’s on track for flowering. I’m trying to keep everything under the screen trimmed up minus leaving some fan leaves to catch any missed light. I’m having to tuck her every day it seems now.

Ran into a problem with my pH pen, it kept telling me my pH was dropping to 4.5 every morning so naturally I kept correcting it for a day or two then I started wondering… checked pH, corrected… then checked again in TWO HOURS and it was all the way back down so obviously something wasn’t right. Turned out to be my pen. I have two but for quick checks I use my cheapie and every other day I use my BlueLab. Needless to say, my cheapie is no longer with us. Luckily, I didn’t do much of anything by bringing the pH up too high for a day or so and changed res immediately after I caught the problem. This is why I love hydro :heart:

1 Like

4 Likes

I just popped the gold leaf… VERY happy so far… Good choices and good luck hon :sunny::):kissing_heart:

1 Like

Awesome! I’m going to try the cherry pie first as I have my husband whispering in my ear :roll_eyes: but after that I’m giving it a try!

2 Likes

Full res change last night… the girls kept sucking down the nutes I’ve been adding the past so I upped to 1000ppm and upping again next week probably. I’m hoping the bottom left will stretch up within the next week or so, I’ve got a beautiful branch down there about 3 inches away from hitting the screen and I’d hate to give her the chop.

On another note, I’m finally building my RDWC in my 5x5 and dropping two ILGM Cherry Pies tonight. All that’s left is to run the hose for the pump and silicone around the seals. I do need another water chiller but I’ll have to wait until I get the Benjamins.

(Oops - uploaded the wrong pictures!)

3 Likes

When is it okay to stop tucking? After giving nutes on Sunday, they’ve exploded with more pistils and are about 1-2 inches above the screen. I’m tucking to fill in some empty areas right now and allow one or two branches to come through.

This is supposed to be a “fast flowering” strain.

@MattyBear @dbrn32

5 Likes

Keep doing what you’re doing until vertical growth has stopped :wink::v::bear:

6 Likes

Sounds like solid advice to me.

3 Likes

Weekly update!

Vertical growth is starting to slow a little but still stretching so I’m still tucking :blush: Changed out their water last night and upped nutes another 200 from 950 to 1150. So far they are eating it up! I can’t wait until they’re REALLY budding :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Update :sunglasses:

Vertical growth has pretty much stopped so I’m done tucking — thank goodness. Now we just wait!

5 Likes

Great looking canopy, full tent, awsome

2 Likes

Thanks! I was nervous as this is my first scrog but it seems to be going great!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t never known, growing like a veteran grower

1 Like

Seeing some discoloration here this morning… Can anyone tell me what is going on? I’ve also had some lower leaves turning yellow with some big brown spots, dropping and coming off. They were under the screen so I was thinking lack of light, but now I’m not so sure.

Last change I added:
20ml Armor Si, 16ml HydroGuard, 10ml Calimag, 50ml Micro, 100ml Bloom, 20ml Liquid KoolBloom. PPM = 1120

@MattyBear @Hungrybud @dbrn32 @Mrcrabs @Covertgrower

3 Likes

@raustin

Im sure its something minor that will be can be resolved quickly but im no hydro grower so i will let the more experienced answer shortly, good luck btw grow looks stunning, everthing will be alright don’t worry

1 Like

Thanks, I tend to be very observant and as soon as I see something I consult the forums first until I get a little more experience at eyeballing these things. Easier to correct a problem if you catch it in the beginning and with these babies in flowering, I really don’t want to risk muffing it up.

2 Likes

Excellent choice, i would’ve done the same.

1 Like

Let me tag you a couple a couple others , i know 30 mins feels like an eternity @Myfriendis410 @garrigan62

2 Likes

All looks good. Numbers look good on input nutes. Water temps under 70F?

Losing some lower leaves now is common. Especially under a SCROG. You are doing fine.

2 Likes