Saturday Pics Super Soil Grow

Sorry I couldnt’ get back with you @Budbrother hope you are having a great holiday weekend sir. I have these 10- 7 gallon fabric pots with just under a cubic foot of depleted super soil, ppm running around 400.
taking 1C of oyster shell meal, 1C alfalfa meal, 1C fishbone meal, 1C of feather meal, 1/2 cup of gypsm, ( can I use DE for this? ) 1C guano, 1C rock dust, for those two I am using 2C of Happy Frog Caveran Culture that is those ingredients. 4C of kelp meal. Mix all in bag and use 1 1/2 cup per container to top dress into the soil. Then I am going to cover over with some EWC and sprinkle some clover seeds , place some straw down and water some. Then the plan is once the clover sprouts sprinkle Bokashi onto the layer of straw. then a few worms of each. haha, man thats wormy. (are you growing both? deep diggers and top dwellers? ) Going to add a tbsp of Barley. 2 weeks or so plant right back in same container , now as living soil. Before transition to flower, top dress some of mix - 1/12 cups
this is what I have learned from you so far, and I do appreciate you help tremendously. Have a great weekend and keep in touch.:smiley:

5 Likes

wow man, glad he’s ok. my closest friend smoked, drank, ate crap. he had a heart attack and the day he came back quit smoking, quit drinking and went vegan all overnight. toughest mofo i’ve ever met. but i haven’t met your brother lol. and congrats to you too. i used to work in clinical and it was HARD getting people to make lifestyle changes. those are some serious changes in numbers. kudos.

5 Likes

Almost dying will change a man

6 Likes

Get busy Living or get busy dying.
Remember, Red, hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies…

4 Likes

taking 1C of oyster shell meal
What is soil slurry ph? Do you need a liming agent first off?
1C alfalfa meal,
1C fishbone meal,
1C of feather meal,
1/2 cup of gypsm, ( can I use DE for this? ) This is the Ca Su & MG
1C guano, for those two I am using 2C of Happy Frog Caveran Culture that is those ingredients. not the same at all. That’s rock phosphate not rock dust.
1C rock dust What kind? May need more cause FF products don’t have a lot to begin with. Main source of trace and minor elemental replenishment. I use basalt in my original mix. 4 cups per cubic ft. Then 1 cup per grow as a replenishment.
4C of kelp meal. more on that below
What about also using crab and/or shrimp meal for chitons and Ca? I’ve been using DTE BioLive as a short cut to some of your ingredients. The current grow I have had moved onto using Coast of Maine Stonington Lobster & Kelp Plant Food, for a more even replacement and a +5 Ca.

Mix all in bag and use 1 1/2 cup per container to top dress into the soil. Then I am going to cover over with some EWC and sprinkle some clover seeds , place some straw down and water some. Add Bokashi over the top dressing before EWC layer for composting those ingredients. And add worms, a dozen reds and a dozen euros per pot

Then the plan is once the clover sprouts sprinkle Bokashi onto the layer of straw. This is done in flowering phase once the need for N is greatly reduced. It just composts the clover for recycling

then a few worms of each. haha, man thats wormy. (are you growing both? deep diggers and top dwellers? ) yup
Going to add a tbsp of Barley 2 weeks or so plant right back in same container, Thats part of top dressing. It’s the enzymes needed to break down organics you replenished and already in soil. Composts the roots. Enzymes and Fulvic acid in conjunction with the EM1 from Bokashi is what is driving a healthy system now as living soil. Over time the humic layer will begin to build up. The fungal and microbe pop will blow you plant up!
Before transition to flower, top dress some of mix - 1/12 cups Absolutly friend. Yours could use some top dressing now.
this is what I have learned from you so far, and I do appreciate you help tremendously. Have a great weekend and keep in touch. That was just some amendments off the top of my head as an procedural example. My original mix has long term sustainable ingredients like rice hulls (Si) and uses P charged BioChar also a N charged BioChar. Smashed lava rock won’t compact like perlite and better aeration and provides more fungal/microbial homes. There is lots involved in recreating Mother Nature. Get the 3 Jeff Lowenfels books is best advice to beginning to understand all this.
You have my number now and we can get further into all this, and I can help you better with a one on one actually speaking irl.

7 Likes

Working on my next soil.

and my microbulator thx @Budbrother !

9 Likes

Lovin’ it! :grin: Just like the one I built.

6 Likes

Here is what is going on. Cold morning here on Saturday. But still working on my living soil project. I have excellent help from family members here on ilgm and thank you very much. @Budbrother and @Mrcrabs Here are my plants currently everyone. These are all in the super soil mix. except for the one gallon pots and the 2 seedlings.
Grape Inferno 2 seedlings been on super slow mode till I get my soil gooing !

pineapple chunk

Crystal

2 Gold Leafs

and how about this auto? I have left her in a one gallon pot. and she is budding now.

and the other auto I have GG auto is not liking super soil too much at all, but still growing very stinky buds.

and this is strawberry over in sick bay, nursing her back to health. Nice project.

and these are on 12/12 for a week now

Back row is elmers glue, I grew some in the last run, and is pretty good.
middle plant is GG and the 3 around her are PG, GB, and WR. Happy Growing and Everyone have a great weekend !

9 Likes

Strawberry is in need of another tea. I can see the start of some K def on a few of her leaves. That coconut powder will fix that right up. Another compost tea, with thrive bloom added, will bring some green back into her and increase P levels.

3 Likes

plants are looking great @zparkie2

2 Likes

How’s your weekend MM?

1 Like

doing great Budbro! i am spending the weekend at home instead of going out for lunch as per usual. too much good sports on to miss it riding a bus lol. How you doing this weekend?

4 Likes

Trying to deal with the pain. Distracting myself on the forum.

3 Likes

i am so sorry to hear about the pain bud, :frowning_face: hang in there!

2 Likes

Monk … Wussup old man. No bike riding today or buses. Just a joint in one hand remote in the other kinda day! Ive been dosing off here at work this morning… lol I shut my shop lights off and tested a new drop cloth.
Hey Bud, nice to have a day back in the 80’s huh. That 50° shit was killing the joints, I get stiffer with cold weather and don’t help the asthma!! LoL

5 Likes

lol i smoked one at 5am when i got up to pee. was able to make it thru most of the tottenham match and woke up half way thru the arsenal match just in time to see them go behind. my saturdays are premier league soccer in morning, college football in afternoon and likely college basketball tonight unless a big football game is on.

3 Likes

Oh shit…the reason I came over = looks like you gut a lot going on spark. Awesome man, just too much for my plate. You have a little bit of everything happening. LoL but they look efin ridiculous…I love the drying rack! I’m thinking bout getting one. What size is yours and I think j want the next size down?

4 Likes

I get the bloom on monday, and I started another tea for those yellow plants in my flower tent. thx buddy ! Hope your knee is getting better. You and monk got something in common :grimacing:

3 Likes

There both old?

4 Likes

I think it has like eight levels and is 2 foot in diameter, it is tall and I like it alot.
The zipper ones are nice too.

1 Like