Root Zone temps

My soil temp is much lower than the ambient air temp in my tent. I have sheet mat with a controller to hold it at 22 if I like but is it ok to lay a fabric pot on a heat mat ??

1 Like

Roots don’t need to be heated. I think if your soil layer stayed below 70F that you would be just fine.

3 Likes

I’m thinking same as myfriendis410, but wondering how cold we are talking?

2 Likes

Gets down to around 58F

65°F (18°C) and 68°F (20°C) is the optimal temp for hydro. Full range is 65 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit (18 to 26 C).

I would imagine as long as you are over 50F it would be ok, but not optimal by any means. Might be death blow to an auto plant?

1 Like

Yeah I like the idea of having the roots warmer forsure I just don’t know if I should be “trapping” the moisture between the mat and fabric pot

It’s also promix HP if that matters

1 Like

Love that substrate. It grows really nice cannabis. If the pots are resting on cold concrete you might set them on an insulated surface like a piece of Styrofoam. If it were my plants I think I’d want it closer to 65F.

1 Like

I have them on 3 inch risers over a 30 inch tray

Think the heat mat would cause issues with mould or root rot ? I’m getting away from dirt all together after this grow so I’m just trying to get through lol

That’s what I use other than my hydro. (Mothers, clones etc). I run it just like hydro in every other way. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I feel by a on the root temp. It’s a constant battle.im tyying an ideal out that I’ve come up with. I’m growing hydro demand each bucket has it’s own pump and I think the pumps are pumping cold air causeing my buckets to drop to 60 or so. As a first timer I have no clues other then different places giving me an array of numbers from 55° to 80°. I’m trying an ideal out that ifbi put all my pumps in something like a cabinet and heat the air in the cabinet and keep it contained within letting the pumps pump prewarmed air. Idk we shall see.
2 northern lights
2 9 lb hammer
2 sour diesel

1 Like

Happy Anniversary @Myfriendis410 :fireworks: :sparkler: :firecracker: :v:

1 Like