Red Bud - Columbian

Does anyone remember Columbian Red Bud? Does it exist in seed available anywhere?
This stuff used to be widely available now I can’t find it any where!

6 Likes

The only thing I remember of red bud is from the 70s.

5 Likes

I remember it from way back when bags were full of seeds from it!
:rofl:
Haven’t seen it in a lot of years. But then again, I wasn’t looking either.

6 Likes

You can still find Columbian strains but everything has been renamed and cross breed so many times you probably won’t find it and if you do it won’t be called red bud

8 Likes

I actually found a small vial that I stashed away back in '74. Just got to get the right gear to grow in the frozen north. :grinning:

3 Likes

I think it eloped with the original skunk :angry:

3 Likes

I haven’t seen the real thing since about '79 or so.I loved that strain and would grow it if I could find it.

4 Likes

Same here, late 70s. It was the best when it came around, but how would it compare with today’s weed? I would love to know, I’ve only been smoking again for a few months after a 23 year absence (work). Things have certainly changed, it’s all great to me!

6 Likes

The Real Seed Company specializes in preserving genetics - they don’t have any of the Mexican/central American/South American strains, I assume because they’re UK based. But if you want to see some pure landrace breeds, it’s worth a gander. I picked up some Afghan seeds - it’s a pure crapshoot exactly what I have, but as a rec grower I’m not too worried, I know it’ll either be real quality bud or it’ll be male pollen worth saving.

4 Likes

I don’t think the THC levels were as high but the terpenes may have been more abundant. I just remember the smell like it was yesterday. That was some GOOD weed.

3 Likes

I just started some called Mexican Airlines it’s a Mexican Columbian mix it’s an auto from 420fastbuds

3 Likes

Panama Red sometimes goes red

Red devil (hard to find and most pictures are altered in Photoshop so don’t belive the hype)

Sweet Seeds red pure auto

Ace Seeds Red Sapphire

Red kush

Don’t belive most google images most are altered

2 Likes

Some of the best I ever tasted and the buzz was grand! Would love to find seed.

1 Like

That would be the one I am looking for.

1 Like

I was gonna post but I would’ve written the EXACT thing you did Lol.
Did you ever get that sticky bud that smelled like pine trees?
Or Blonde Lebanese hash that looked like butter?

3 Likes

@Funkytwobucks Yes and YES!!! Wow, you made my mouth water. Hash was pretty scarce where I grew up, so it was always a treat when you could find it. Hash oil (at least that’s what they called it) was plentiful for a while back in the mid 80s, but it was no comparison to the Blond. I haven’t seen or heard of any hash around for 40 years, but I have lost all of my former “connections” from the old days.

3 Likes

I don’t remember that much seed in it, would have saved some like I did any of the good stuff from then.

Well, in my case, it was early 70s, and where I grew up, ALL bags had a lot of seeds.

4 Likes

That is the right time period, guess it depended on your source. Yes most bags had stems and seeds but the red bud we got was pretty clean for the day.

1 Like

Well, I was in small town WV. So we didn’t get the highest quality weed.

2 Likes