RDWC Ongoing Hydro Grow

Coco has been essentially the same as hydroponics for me, in terms of response times from my plants. They get mad in 4-12 hours if I screwed up. The recover time is just as fast if you correct it properly. The reason the growth is bigger and better in full blown RDWC (for me) is that the water and nutrient supply is constant.

I water my coco once a day or once every two days, where my RDWC plants get water literally all the time. I think they really do grow bigger faster and can yield much more in the same amount of time as a result. I think a drip system on a timer in coco could do the same thing, but it would be way too much effort for me. :sweat_smile:

Do it. The Grodan blocks have been my favorite. Good size options.

2 Likes

@Allinherhead has an automatic drip system. Works like a charm. Thanks for the rock wool tip! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Probably you’re right on the money then, not much difference between an RDWC and the auto drip in coco, I bet. :v:

2 Likes

Have you tried starting with clones with your setup? Skipping the seedling stage has made a huge difference for me. A cloner is basically dwc and then your setting a mature plant that can be set to flower as soon as you want. Of course there is the thrill of starting seeds which is pure anxiety for me,

2 Likes

Mostly all is well. My wife is going th the cancer treatment center of america in chicago sunday til thursday getting a second opinion about her recent diagnosis and suggested surgery. Im very anxious to hear what they have to say. Shes the reason i started down this road. Ive recently completed making a 90 day dose of full spectrum rso for her to use if necessary. The stuff ive made has both decarbed and not decarbed thc and cbd strains. Hopefully it isnt needed and helpful if it is.
Its late for me, gnite all. I appreciate you all more than i can say.

4 Likes

Looking good Brother with your Skills that WW will take off :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Personally i like the quality, amount of control, and ability to check/view the root zone. Also cost actually decreases if you can manage to address challenges that cause res changes like crazy shit growing in it and biological decay. This is the ONLY way i can afford to use the entire Advanced Nutrients line.

My largest cost is res change @ 75 + gallons $$$$, but with adequate or overkill filtration after i mix a new res i maintain it and only replace what plants eat with the top up buckets, so 5 gallons of food mix at a time usually once a day + buckets of plain water to keep my ppm where i want it. I literally use less than 1/3 of feed schedule amounts overall but keep ppm at optimal levels the whole time.

It end up paying for itself if you get it figured out.

This res is 11 weeks old -

5 Likes

I wish I could. I don’t have the space to do that.

Brother, sure hoping the best for y’all! Hopefully everything will work out the way y’all want it too. Take care of you and your wife. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I have often wondered whether or not more filtered water would make a difference. You are definitely killing it over there Jarlax. I hope folks that I talk to understand that you can grow with a lot less like a bucket of water but, every little thing you can do to dial your grow in will only help. So many ways to accomplish the same goal.
I wish you would try Jacks just to see how it stacks up to AN products. I’ve seen some awesome grows with AN, GH, and Jacks.
Keep’em growin brother. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower thanks for the compliments I appriciate that man! i might try some jacks on a run once i get a good stockpile lol. In the mean time check out Advanced using Bud Factor X + everything else after Factor X is available again.

6 Likes

So each one is per ga. So part A would be 44.28 grms for 12 gals correct? 2nd question once i get everything hooked up and im using 2c27 gal totes one for res one for plant how many gals water do think i should be using

1 Like

@HappyHydroGrower , hey Happy do you think i should buy 3x 25lbs bags of each A+B plus epsom salts also in a 27gal res and 27gal plant tote do you think 20gals of water would be sufficient or should i think of adding more water? Also do you cut the amounts added to reach your ppm target or do you just follow the amounts you sent me and just increase amounts for however many gals of water you start with.

2 Likes

Sorry for butting in. I use jacks. A 25 lb bag of part a will lastme over 6 months and thats mixing between 10 and 30 gallons every day. So formost a 25lb bag will last a year or more. I onlybuy 10 lb of epsom at a time at farm supply store or grocery store as long as unscented. The part be will last even longer. We store ours in kitty litter totes with dessicant packs to keep from clumping. Lol i just made the connection between kitty litter totes and not clumping lol

3 Likes

Depending on the length of pipe, you might count on about half as much as total amount, so maybe 27 :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Depending on how many you grow, that’s gonna last you a long time. I got 25lb and will have plenty for many grows to come.

You’ll need to measure your water level till it gets about 2” from the net pot and that’s how much you’ll use.

Start to finish. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Ok so the easiest way to monitor the water level would be to set it all up, cut the hole for the net pot and then fill the res until the water is 2in below the pot? Would you advise to run the system at the time so ill account for water in the lines?

2 Likes

Correct.

3 Likes

Ty HAPPY

2 Likes

One might think… give up. So, at what point does one give up?

I myself, am not a quitter. My plant on the other hand… time will tell.

3 weeks tomorrow…. haha!

Little :rat: bastard! :thinking::scream::+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

12 Likes

Sending good vibes your way Growmie :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes