In the image below, what you are seeing is plants in three different soil mixtures (although plant #2 has now been transplanted into the same soil plant #3 has been in from the start).
The reason for this was to see if what I had on hand was good enough to grow a high performance set of plants or not - and what I found is clearly that the soil in containers #1 and #2 are no where near as good as what is in planter number 3.
For the record, the soil in #3 is from LOWES and was labeled:
“Sta-Green Flower and Vegetable Garden Soil”
When I went back and actually read the label it said that there was dolomite and a few other things in it, that the fertilizer in it was released by temperature instead of being just plain water soluable (and therefore likely to leach out) and that it was intended to be mixed half and half with your existing soil.
I thought it was just another competitor of miracle grow’s, so I just used it straight, with the results that are obvious in this picture.
Without any further diatribe out of me here you go, take a look:
All three plants are right at the end of their third week from germination, and with any damn luck at all maybe plant #2 will recover now that it is in better dirt…
- I doubt it, but I have my fingers crossed