Quick Gender Verification from experienced grower

Hello. I am still fairly new to growing and have started some plants of which I bought the seeds from here. It was the Mix Pack with Wedding Cake, Skittlz, and Gelato. Anyway, I was just in my tent looking and am a bit confused and needing clarification. The seeds were supposed to be guaranteed feminized autos but one of mine is looking like it might be a male. I’m still too new to this to know for sure so hoping someone can confirm either way.

1 Like

Male for sure, carefully p get it out now, and hope for the best.

4 Likes

Dude that’s a dude, dude! Spray with plain water to sterilize pollen cover with a trash bag and get him TF outta there!!!

5 Likes

ILGM is pretty good about miffs, maybe shoot customer service an email and see it they’ll sort it out for you.

1 Like

I think I’m screwed now. This is in a 3X3 grow tent with 2 other plants in a 4 bucket RDWC system. I don’t think I can get it out of there. Should I try to carefully just cut each branch off one by one?

Cover it with a trash bag and cut it off at the trunk, that’s the way I would do it to prevent any pollen from dispersing.

6 Likes

I have learned in my short time of growing they can show and turn over night, my concern is and its just me is how did you not see this happening looks like he’s been at it for a while. I know im in with my girls when light on quite a few times a day. I had 8 hermies last year at this time, its such an amazing and crazy thing survival brings out the craziness

1 Like

Well again I’m still very new at this and never realized I still had to be concerned when I thought I was purchasing “Guaranteed” female seeds. I’ve been so worried about my water temp and trying to keep it below 75 that I didn’t even really pay attention till today that it was flowering into what looked to me like a male. I’m guessing that the 2 other plants that were in the tent with it along with anything I try to future grow in there is now going to be contaminated too yes?

Chop or paint the room Blue
Don’t forget to wash down the tent, planters, and plants.
Or be happy with seeds, either choice has merit.
Fun fact, I filpped my tent twice in a month (over 2 PH issues) and 30% of my females, turned.
I got seeds. My seed bank will support family, for sure.
Good growing to you

4 Likes

Sorry about that! For sure, contact customer service.

2 Likes

ILGM is really good about making it right in such circumstances. Here is the contact link for customer service.

https://ilgm.com/contact

3 Likes

No, that’s not good. Where did you buy them so I know to stay away.

1 Like

Never mind, I see they’re ILGM. And I was just thinking about placing my first order with them. Hmmmm, now I’ve got to think about it.

2 Likes

Chalk it up for experience.
If your a grower its going to happen.
The grow must go on.

3 Likes

I’m guessing that’s zkittles because from what I see and read it’s unstable

3 Likes

Yep. This is the best advice

It doesn’t look like any or many of the male flowers have dropped pollen (yet) so spraying with water and trashing it is the right answer. Your ladies should have minimal seed if any at all.

7 Likes