Question about drying

I used 1 cup peroxide and five gallons of water and gently dragged the buds through to release dirt bugs and ash etc , then a quick clean dip. i then hung them on wire racks (i was outside) and let them airdry while i clipped more. then into the closet with a fan and humidifier (which shut off last night so i may have bungled that batch, i hope not). i am hanging the buds from string and trying for 70 F and 55-60 RH. Hard to control with a humidifier i am finding.

Yeah I have no idea what RH stands for I assume the moisture levels in the drying room or whatever you use. I was hoping I could hang it in my garage and then finish the drying in my rack which I hope shows up soon. By quick clean dip to finish it I assume you just redipped in just water to make sure nothing chemical was left behind. It’s fall here headed towards winter so I’ll have to find a way to maintain a temperature in here. With the grow lights on it generally keeps it warm with the door down. I may have to hook up the small space heater and put it near them with my fan blowing on them on low from a few feet away oscillating.

yeah, i just dipped in water at the end. there are lots of videos to watch on it too. easy to do. RH-relative humidity. i have a thermometer with humidity and Fahrenheit to help me try to keep the levels even but it is difficult. a leave the door to the closet open a bit and run a small fan away from the buds but enough to keep the air circulating. plenty of discussions on drying techniques and temperatures etc on this site to help. it is definitely not a simple operation!

1 Like

harvested today. it was time

2 Likes

Looks good!

2 Likes

you have your hands- full nice haul. happy harvest

Ive had 1 harvest so far and some odd buds, and niw I have 2 Afghans to go in about a week? Maybe? And the sativa… not looking too promising, but you never know

2 Likes

is the sativa the bottom photo?

Do these look ready I’ve seen some amber maybe 5-9% and the leaves are turning purple and drying at the tips. I was trying to wait on my drying rack, but I think these are ready for max potency harvesting or within days.

4 Likes

They look ready to me.:+1::100::v:

so i harveted my beautiful buds and they dried in tow days at around 58 RH and 65-70 F. Kinda bummed. i have one more plant-how do you keep them from drying to fast?

two days that is

How did you dry them?

hanging on a line with clips in a small closet with a humidifer and fan

Did you leave them on the long branches? What was humidifier set at? Might be to much for in a closet. Next time can you leave the door open with fan out of closet and just on low blowing towards it? Humidify at 62% in the room ?

thats what i did except the smaller buds didnt have long branches, but the big cola at the top was on the long branch and dried in those conditions (with the door open) in two days with the RH fluctuating a bit bet wen 5-60. the fan was indirect and low. i figured i would be ok with that set up

I’m talking about the longer branches you cut the bud stems off of. If need be you can hang the whole plant to dry slower.

even my center main branch had buds on it hanging up

3 Likes

my plant was scrawnier than that. it was littler buds at the bottom and the top was the big one

Ok cool just hang the whole plant on your next one…maybe pull your fan a foot farther away from the closet if you can. Did you trim it before you hung it up? Maybe leave some leaves on.

i trimmed in increments to divert growth to the top. that was a mistake i guess. should have hung the whole plant but i thought the top would take longer on a two foot branch but it just got crispy. i will try it out on my next one. thanks you for the insight.

1 Like