Preferred light schedule for autos

Wow. Looks like more than that! :+1:

Following lights out I was going to do some light clearing of some non-essential leaves. Instead I decided to do more tie-down of branches.
I discovered by bending the taller branches down & outward opening up the middle and lower flower sites. I removed some of the tiny fluffs earlier that I knew wouldn’t mature/develop. But these I think might surprise me.
By extending the branches this way I can increase the light pwer to get adequate light to lower buds without burning the higher ones.
PPFD around 1000 below and 800-900 up top.
I have no idea if this is a smart move. I’m sure I’ll learn soon. Anyone do this?

…now there’s a fan, hahaha

1 Like

I know. Nuts. :smile:

1 Like

This thread is about lighting hours, but no mention as to which type lights, wattage and area sizes. I wish that somebody can put up a thread or sticky concerning light types, wattages, spacings, costs, pro’s and cons and the like, or maybe posted links to controlled tests and results all in one. Many have done portions and many have ideas. Can anyone link me to a thread that comes close?

3 Likes

Google “coco for cannabis” and thank me later.
This site is dedicated to exactly what you described :grin:

18/6

Gorilla cookies auto.

2 Likes

Just realized i didn’t tag you in my post above and i cant edit it now :confused:
Seems I lost some privileges not being on regular here lately.
But in response to you asking about some where to get all the light info you could need, Google “coco for cannabis” this site has exactly what you was talking about for alot of lights, spend some time playing around with their calculator and watching the videos and you’ll be an expert in no time :wink:

1 Like

I’ve tried 20/4 and 18/6 on autos and 18/6 I had better healthier plants

1 Like

18/6 seems to typically be the sweet spot for a good average “DLI” based on most lights recommendations.

Going off of DLI being most important for optimal growth, in theory, we could increase light hours all the way to 24 hour on if we had say an “under powered” light it should help as it would increase DLI.

1 Like