Preferred light schedule for autos

Probably lots of opinions on this, but you folks with lots of auto experience, is there a preferred light schedule for autos? 18/6 or 20/4, or is there even any difference.

3 Likes

Enough to satisfy DLI requirements. 18/6 with an auto with a quality light gets the job done easily.

5 Likes

I’ve played around with lighting schedules for autos, 24/0, 12/12, 6/2, and found that 18/6 has worked best for my auto grows :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I go 18/6 on autos. I can also veg photos with em…

2 Likes

I do 24hrs for first few weeks maybe a month then 18/6 till the end. Seems to work out great

1 Like

I’ve used 18/6 in previous 3 grows. Decided to try 20/4 this time around to help offset colder ambient temps. Only 7 weeks in but seems to be working great

2 Likes

18/6 start to finish tride and true :+1:

I think I’ll stick with 18/6. Day 31.

8 Likes

Day 51

3 Likes

What strain is yours?

1 Like

Greetings @Dexterado,
Blue Dream auto :potted_plant::peace_symbol:

@Dexterado what are you growing?

It’s a gorilla glue auto. I’m not big on autos, and have only grown a couple. Decided to do one during the winter since the light stays on longer, and helps with keeping the temp up. I’m not really sure how this plant is doing, seems kind of lame right now, but maybe it’ll come around.

1 Like

Thats pretty nice. Hoping for same results with my first auto

2 Likes

I’ve only grown autos this grow being my 4th. Seemed like a good way to start & learn. Good luck with yours :peace_symbol:

Looking good to me! DWC?

Yes, I have them up on the journal blog along with some unknowns I started on 9/22. Learning as I go with all of you on here…

2 Likes

Here are the other ones

3 Likes

Sizable Grow you’ve got there! I looked into DWC for my second grow, but limped out opting for soil again. Looks like you’ll be busy. :peace_symbol:

2 plants not sure what strain they are.

1 Like