Possible Overwatering/Little Bit Of Too Much Love

Wow you got me hands down :rofl:. Those should be super effective. I got the Apera 20 (~$50) and a cheapie tds (~$12).

And no worries on the old message reply. I do it all the time. A good way to bookmark progress as the arrow with the avatar takes you back to your replied point.

And this site is amazing. More info then you can shake a stick at

4 Likes

I got the Vivosun ph and TDS testers very cheap in price. Then later got the Apera value series Ph tester to insure that the other was accurate. I believe you have the Ferrari. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey, sorry @PurpNGold74 and @lovenature. I was typing out a message last night and was so tired that I decided to delete the post. I’m not trying to come off as having the best, or trying to “one-up”, please don’t take it that way :pray::heart:

Just for informational purposes, I will say that I do really like the Bluelab equipment. I wasn’t sure what to expect from less expensive models, and in watching tons of YT content I figured it was the best option long term.

I use this thing every day I come out only because I am really into watching stats and metrics so that I can mentally correlate them to environment or nutritional adjustments. I’m an engineer by trade, so, lol I love nerding out with these fine details.

When I do use it, I use the probe cover to make holes in the grow media in order to put less stress on the probe tip.

When start, I take outvthe fish rock air disperses and then vigorously stir until a tornado forms in the water. I was taking measures i
Of the water at different depths and found that the high pH water “settles” on top of the lower pH water… Or so it seems?

From there, I’ll let the water naturally slow down while I measured the girls soil:

Then pH my water.

When I’m done, I always gently wipe the probe with a microfiber towel and immediately put the cover on and store it in “KCI Solution” that I change monthly when I recalibrate.

3 Likes

That’s cool man, I’ll have to check those out. If I can pick up one on sale I will and see how close they measure up. Have you guys ever had issues with calibrating your meters? Or @PurpNGold74?

2 Likes

As for the Conductivity tester, or TDS meter, from Bluelab,I have only used it a couple of times. I haven’t had enough time to look at what normal or somewhat expected numbers should be, but I need to soon. The couple of times I testes my rainwater in my bucket, it was only registering like 50 or 60… So I wasn’t sure if I was doing it correctly, or if that was normal. The only thing in my orange bucket is rainwater, pH down, Cal-mag (3-5ml/gallon), and Silica Blast (3-5ml/gallon). I’m not feeding any other water based nutes. Everything else I have is powder-based that I supply once a month. Again, not saying this is the best way to go, or the most effective or efficient way to grow. This was just the method that I decided to start with.

Thanks for the conversation and hope you all have a great Fourth of July! :us::pray::heart::tada:

3 Likes

I haven’t had mine but a few months. So haven’t calibrated yet.

No worries didn’t take it that way at all !

3 Likes

Haha no worries bro. I wouldnt take it offensively even if u meant it so. Hard to rattle my cage :wink:. But that said, that thing is a monster! Lovely tool

3 Likes

Thr Apera? Man that thing has taken a BEATDOWN. Left it outside for 6 months. When I recalibrated, believe it was off .2~. Thats with no cap, no moisture, facing southern heat and humidity.

Also rainwater (at least around here) is around those levels. 50-60 ppms constantly

4 Likes

WOW! That’s amazing! I can’t believe it lasted that long outside and is still functioning! :exploding_head:

And thanks for letting me know about the rainwater ppms! Every time I see other people getting near the same results makes me more comfortable that I’m doing this correctly and that my equipment isn’t all FUBAR’d, haha :laughing:

2 Likes

this is good to know!!

1 Like

That’s them… The ultimate mix pack!
Afghan #1
Skunk #1
Northern Lights
@Graysin

3 Likes

I have to try the Back Domina , as per @PurpNGold74 , I forgot u mentioned that strain in the past when I asked about stickiest strains uv grown. Now I’m intrigued…Can u describe to me how this strain tastes …Might have to shake up the mix pack to 4 strains and 4 seeds each to include the Black Domina!! Hmmm !! ;> :smiley:
I’m thinking bout cha Sir Purp !! :peace_symbol:
I scoped out these strains here and Afghan was the only description that said Hash in it’s desc. of flavor profile…I’m a little taken back that’s the only one (that I saw) mentioning this flavor profile. Accurate?? Just wanting opinions , on strong hash flavors from straight bud smoke. @PurpNGold74

1 Like

NL is a combo of afghanis. I believe 4-6 different types.

Black Domina is an afghani cross as well. I believe 95% linage wise. Growing it has been a dream all 4 diff times. One didnt make it to harvest but ive chopped two Double Blacks (Black Domina x Black Domina) and the other a Domina cross that the father usually amplifies the mother… and dude. EXACT SAME GROW EVERYTIME. Smells like black pepper in late veg and most of flower. Its crazy how unweedy it smells. Nice fat fingered leaves. A “squatter” so to speak grow wise. Very tight natural structure. Smoking it? Duuuuude it was packed with flavors. Like a White Widow with more variety. First pull was normally citrusy. Kinda like a Sprite. But fruits (think melons) and flowers galore. No single way to pin it man. But there is a reason I yell the same two strains.

2 Likes

That’s a good theme around here. There’s always a reason folks will say the same thing over and over again. :v: For me it’s all about lights and food, for others it’s all about what yer smokin - variety is the spice of life until you nail the perfect strain for you. :100: I’ve eyeballed the black dominas a few times. Always resort to something else but it’s on my short list.

4 Likes

Bro/Dude/Homees , It’s getting much better by the min. it seems… I am a Proud Pappy !!!.. Might be back to Sativa’s ?!:<> TY!! Pics on roots coming I promise FYI / swear / grnteed/
Soon!/// …!;>… TY!!
what a diff. a day makes…
Gifted for the first time today also … Very cool …

4 Likes

Hey @PurpNGold74 !
Hope you’re well !
I’ve been searching for my next strain to grow , and came across one that you might consider. It’s a cross of Critical Mass X Black Domina . Have you seen or heard of this cross?
It’s called Sugar Black Rose :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yup. There was a group grow on her a year or so ago. Everyone enjoyed it. I think I have a couple seeds stashed somewhere but never tried it myself.

Critical Mass is an EXCELLENT parent strain. It always add size and yield. And sometimes some citrusy funky florals to boot! U could do alot worse then running her

1 Like

Do u mean critical Mass over the critical x Black Dom. = Sugar Black Rose?

1 Like

No i mean its a parent in the Black Sugar Rose. Definitely would rather grow BSR then CM.

Was just saying Crit Mass gives off solid qualities to majority of the strains it crosses with

1 Like

BSR Yeah that sounds bettr. Sorry missed on that one!
Do you remember where that multiple group / members grow might be in search? (of the BSRose) .? My shit’s working ;> Sorry for the nag!LOL.

1 Like