Play that Fungi music white boyyy!

Hey hey hey!

Figured I’d start my second topic on “researching” some beautiful Golden Teacher (SPRES101) mushrooms and will document my journey here using a modified PF Tek method…might be actual PF Tek but not sure as I am not one to read insurrections thoroughly so we’re going to go for it!

While I do have some jars already going that my friend assisted me with (B+) this GT grow will be 100% all me! Luckily I had most of the equipment already! Okay ILGM let’s get it!

1 Like

Using 1 cup of brown rice I ran that through the ol magic bullet and ground it up, I did this for (6) 32 Oz wide mouth mason jars

2 Likes

Adding (2) cups of vermiculite to the mix I slowly added (1) cup of water while stirring the mix till it had good consistent moisture thought light but was not dripping, this is where I may have gone astray as the BRF was not fully dry

2 Likes

With the jar lid flipped upside down, screwed nice and snug and then backed off a 1/4 turn and then covered in aluminum foil (prevents water dropping from top of pot) I placed all six jars in the pressure cooker and sterilized them at 15psi for 90 minutes (1.5 hr)

Let them cool for 12-24 hours

1 Like

I don’t have any pictures of inoculation of the golden teacher but it’s pretty straight forward, be as sterile as possible and try to minimize moving particles at this stage. The pic above is just over 1 week of the B+ jars that I inoculated last Sunday.

1 Like

Here are a couple of threads you might find interesting:

2 Likes

A couple of those jars look like normal mouth??
Are you going to fruit from the jar?
Wide mouth jars let you “birth” the cakes.
Could be just the pics fn with me :upside_down_face:

Well you did say wide mouth above but they are tapered, no?

3 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

I hope they’re wide mouth

3 Likes

They are considered wide mouth… I can’t find any around here that are straight except small ones. the big “wide Mouth” are impossible to birth from, once the mycelium set in, you have to spoon it out… that or smack the jars around enough that it falls out in small chunks.

2 Likes

As far as I know just pint and half pint come in straight without the taper.

2 Likes

Also pint-and-half (24oz), which are the biggest Mason with no taper that I’m aware of.

@ThatsNotMineOfficer I was going to comment on your tasty looking apples and cinnamon, but then I realized it was just the box haha.

Nice looking jars so far! I never tried PF-tek.

1 Like

Haha yeah just the box! This is my first time cultivating I mean researching the mushrooms but definitely enjoying the process so far, much different than cannabis

1 Like

Little over a week or so and starting to see some results, this is one of the jars