Pistils at 21 days from seed

I dropped 6 seeds in water 22 days ago. 3 of them are showing pistils already. My concern is the plants are no more than 5-6 inches tall. Do they only double in size during flowering or could I expect more than that?

1 Like

They could shoot up. I’m harvesting an auto in a couple days that started showing pistils at about 8-9" tall and 3½ weeks and it is almost 30" tall now.

5 Likes

Gelato in the front, Cheese in the back and Banana at the right. Yes I know it isn’t enough dirt. Yes the dirt is Miracle Gro bigger blooms. (Probably will require a miracle to get any decent yield from this setup.) I kind of got going before doing enough reading. I already have 3 gallon fabric pots and Fox Farm nutrients for the next grow.

1 Like

welcome to the community. like @Borderryan22 stated they his shot up, so did mine, i didnt do any lst and i ran out of room in my tent, i couldnt raise the lights up more.

2 Likes

i did a 2 gallon pot and a 7 gallong pot, one is way bigger than the other but i wanted to try the a pot for pot 2 gallon

1 Like

I grew mine in a 1 gallon fabric, in coco with Jack’s and fish sh!t. Started feeding twice a day about 4 weeks in flower. I’m so fxxxing ready to chop her. Sorry, I don’t normally bomb somebody else’s thread with my own stuff.

If they’re showing pistils now, they may surprise you and take off.

3 Likes

sorry to bomb too but @Borderryan22 get that pic for the BOM

3 Likes

Letting them get a little more bulk! Probably next week

2 Likes

I assume I have enough light since they they have stayed so compact. 2x 100w LED purple lights and 1x Mars hydro 100w TS-600 + 3x 40w LED shop lights. I’ve pretty much kept them 12 inches above the tops except for the first week where it was about 6 inches.

Should I bend the tops over with some string, even though the plants are only 5-6" tall?

1 Like

Those are nice and healthy plants. Once they start flower they’ll stretch big time

2 Likes

But they won’t be that big based on what you planted them in

4 Likes

Are they autos?

Yes. 3 showing pistils. Not the two biggest and not the smallest.

1 Like

Yep Miracle Grow is difficult to grow in. I know because I made that same decision my first grow. Had lots of problems after they started to flower. :blush::v:

1 Like

im on my 2nd grow, my first grow(gg4 auto) showed pistils at 3 weeks and maybe 7 inches tall, had a lighting issue for a bit and they stretched to just a little over 6ft lol

2 Likes