pH & pph with ro water

If anyone could help, I’d appreciate it currently in week one veg with some white widow growing with fox farm trio with RO And I have been adding 1 mL per liter of Cal mag with every watering, ph to 6.5 and they seem to be showing signs of a deficiency runoff is 6.0 basically I am curious are you adding just calmag every watering and then calmag with nutrients like every third watering I haven’t done this but should I be adding a small amount of micro nutrients -(grow big) with every watering as well since I’m using ro water like half a ml per gal just trying to troubleshoot

1 Like

You should be feeding all 3 of the Trio products when using them, and if and only if your runoff PPM is < 1,000. When the PPM gets below 1,000 depends on what soil you are using. Many good cannabis soils have sufficient nutrients for 4 weeks from your most recent transplant. It is likely not yet time to feed anything other than water to the plant.

I see no signs of deficiency and a deficiency is very unlikely at week 1 of veg. What do you see that leads you to believe that there is a deficiency?

Welcome to the forum.

The new growth has Ben coming in yellow/very light green the tips of the new growth are deformed and the leaves feel dry and papery but soil is watered also was showing brown spots developing on larger fan leaves it started showing signs as the soil was drying I’ve Ben adding calmag 1 ml per liter to every watering and then after three waterings I would add the three nutrients from the fox farm line but I am not following there dosage I am following someone else’s grow journal

It’s not wise to follow others’ feeding schedules. Every plant can have a different appetite and a differing environment can make a difference. For instance, plants that get more lighting tend to have bigger appetites. So, as an example, if you are using different lighting than the person whom generated the schedule, then it is an inappropriate schedule to follow. The proper way to manage nutrient levels is to monitor and manage runoff PPM, adjusting feeding as necessary to maintain a runoff PPM of ~1,000. PPM = Parts Per Million. It is a measure of the nutrient concentration of a liquid.

This is normal for new growth. The new growth will manufacture chlorophyll within a few days, resulting in a darker shade of green. Expect all new growth to be a lighter green.

Not abnormal, but can be caused by an improper pH in the root zone. It will likely grow out of it.