Ph balance ideas

Hello I am wondering because my soil is at 7.5 ph and I have been told to get it around 6.5 ph what would be the best ideas to do that. My water out of my tap that I use on regular is at a 7 to 7.5 ph so I need ideas and help to lower my water for the plants. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

PH down solution but adjust after adding nutrients if you’re at that point. Ideal uptake for soil is 6.5-.6-9 :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

you can buy pH up and down on Amazon.

pH down takes a very few drops per gallon. My tap water is around 7.3 and it takes 5 to 6 drops to get the pH in the range of 6.5 to 6.7.

If you are adding food to the water, the nutes will drastically drop your pH and you will use pH up to raise it. It takes 50 drops for me to get my tap water with nutes in it back up to 6.5.

So pH check after adding nutes and don’t add nutes to water you already took down to 6.5.

1 Like

Ok will do. Thank you

Also, what are you using to measure your PH? I good meter really is key here.

Very happy with this one and its a fan favorite around here. Either way, DO NOT use / trust one of the probe style meters…

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=apera+PH+meter&qid=1628529231&sr=8-3

3 Likes

Ok I have one of the digital testers coming tomorrow i was using the old test in a tube taking a sample of dirt and testing it in a test tube.

Yeah, that’s not always so accurate.

Get the good meter, then do a slurry test of the soil using distilled or RO water (NOT Tap). If you’re not sure how, there are lots of good videos on YouTube to get you started. Since its coming tomorrow I probably wouldn’t make any drastic changes until you have that in hand to make sure you’re adjusting based on reliable results.

1 Like

PH down lemon juice / PH up baking soda. Easy as it gets cheep to use. Takes very little of either.

2 Likes

If you’re adding silica, it will take your PH into the 8’s. My tap is 7.2 with Silica alone 8.2 :love_you_gesture:

Ok thank you all for the advice. I will wait til tomorrow and run some tests and see what I need to do and also what would work for the results. I’ll make sure to let everyone know what I find.

3 Likes

Yip citric acid for down baking soda for up but Dolomite lime works better for longer , citric and baking soda dirt cheap don’t need much at all

2 Likes

What @Leholf said. A pinch of citric acid to reduce pH is what I use. Found in the baking aisle for about $4.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: was actually you that put me onto that hack

1 Like

A lot of cannabis soils use dolomite lime and oyster shells and the like to balance pH. As another idea. Here is some invaluable information that I’m extremely glad I stumbled across. Should be a sticky.

1 Like

Update I have my ph adjuster and tester so now all water and everything will be at 6.5ph. Thank you all for the info. Also I just trimmed and cleaned up the pretty girls

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Starting a progress report on the grow here is the progress journal for the grow come join in and hang out and watch the grow progress. Hope to see you all there