Outside light problem... Seeking wisdom

Soooooo I never thought having tall plants would be a problem and who knows it might not be still BUT my 6 1/2 foot plant is getting some light from my neighbors porch light which she leaves on all night. I want to know if this will stress the plant any or if it would matter at all. If it does matter, I would like to try and get some ideas to fix this problem. I was thinking maybe a thick black garbage bag over it but I’m worried about the weight at the tip. So any suggestions?

A pellet gun and shoot the light out? :thinking:

2 Likes

Believe it or not I was contemplating that lmao! But she knows I like to mess around and shoot birds and things from the yard so it’d be a dead giveaway lmao.

2 Likes

Can you pimp out your yard with something elegant that would cover up the required height of your plant? A decor, furniture, storage box? Hmm those giant :closed_umbrella: :smile: positive vibes your our way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nothing I can think of at the moment, I thought about lining the wall with something like a board, or sheet or something but idk what I’d use to hold it up :thinking: :thinking:

Can you move the 6 footer into the shadow of that palm tree?

2 Likes

Nevermind. I remember she’s in the ground.

2 Likes

Can you move the palm tree? :smile:

3 Likes

LMAO brooo that was so funny haha I’m literally laughing out loud lol just the sequence it was written in haha! If I could give you ten likes I would :joy::joy: so instead here brother :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:.

4 Likes

LOL! I wasn’t even trying to be funny! Did that naturally! :smile:

2 Likes

Haha idk man maybe I just find some things funnier than others but after you remembered my plant was in the ground you just automatically went to moving the huge ass palm tree lol

1 Like

Actually @Tricia 's idea is pretty good. Yard umbrella. It could have other uses, too! Like providing shade while you sit out with the ladies, drinking a margarita! :sunny: :smile: Maybe there’s one for sale for cheap on craigslist or something.

1 Like

Hmm maybe ill look into something like that, but from fireplace (its behind a fireplace to kind of hide them in plain view) to the wall is probably 5 feet plus itd have to be pretty tall to cover the 6 1/2 fter. Just when I thought things were going to be a walk in the park from here on out lol

How friendly are your neighbors?

Very friendly lol. The one with the light is nice and knows I’m growing and if she doesn’t I’m sure she peeks over the wall and does now :laughing: especially because shes taller than the wall haha. But she has bad eye sight and lets her dogs and cats out through out the night and goes out with them, doing who knows what :roll_eyes:. And the neighbor on the other side I’m pretty sure was growing in his garage cause it smelt like a dispensary for a few months right when he moved in lmao

1 Like

Maybe you could ask her if you could attach something to the palm tree to shield the light?

I guess that might be weird.

I mean its definitely worth a shot but that would be a little weird haha

Maybe just get a tall piece of cardboard and tie it on that side of the plant at nightfall just enough to block most of the direct light? Line it with plastic in case it rains? I would probably do something like that lol but I really feel like I over examine/do it with my grows anyway :rofl: maybe get a really long board and shove it in the ground on that side lol somthin sticking up from the fence would be wierd basically like a flag saying I’m suspicious imo lmao mayb you could just put the cardboard horizontal on the tree…just brainstorming ideas.

1 Like

Whatever it is it’s gotta be at least 7ft in height lol I don’t really have to worry about rain anymore those few days passed now it’s gonna be all sun all the time lol. Well the neighbor with the light knows we smoke marijuana, well I don’t smoke anymore just grow it now lol haha well we got about 11 hours to brainstorm lol

1 Like

Can you bend the plant over at all or has it already stiffened up?